- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Report: Miami Heat were interested in DeMarcus Cousins, but several Lakers players convinced him to sign
- Updated: July 6, 2019
DeMarcus Cousins has reportedly agreed to a one-year contract worth $3.5 million with the Los Angeles Lakers, who could have missed out on the former All-Star center.
Had it not been for the Lakers players who spoke to him, there’s a chance that the Miami Heat would have added him to their roster as he was allegedly on their radar as well.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 6, 2019
Anthony Davis and his teammates deserve a handshake on this deal getting done. Davis and Cousins were teammates before with the New Orleans Pelicans, a partnership that ended abruptly after an Achilles injury ended the latter’s season prematurely in January of 2018.
The combo could have had some deep playoff runs back then, but they are getting a second chance with LeBron James this time around.
Cousins could have formed an inside-out duo with new Heat star Jimmy Butler, who affectionately called the big man “my dog” during an interview with Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.
— Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) January 29, 2019
The Heat have other options heading into the next few weeks, but Cousins would have been a terrific addition to the team.