- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Report: Miami Heat were interested in DeMarcus Cousins, but several Lakers players convinced him to sign
- Updated: July 6, 2019
DeMarcus Cousins has reportedly agreed to a one-year contract worth $3.5 million with the Los Angeles Lakers, who could have missed out on the former All-Star center.
Had it not been for the Lakers players who spoke to him, there’s a chance that the Miami Heat would have added him to their roster as he was allegedly on their radar as well.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 6, 2019
Anthony Davis and his teammates deserve a handshake on this deal getting done. Davis and Cousins were teammates before with the New Orleans Pelicans, a partnership that ended abruptly after an Achilles injury ended the latter’s season prematurely in January of 2018.
The combo could have had some deep playoff runs back then, but they are getting a second chance with LeBron James this time around.
Cousins could have formed an inside-out duo with new Heat star Jimmy Butler, who affectionately called the big man “my dog” during an interview with Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.
— Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) January 29, 2019
The Heat have other options heading into the next few weeks, but Cousins would have been a terrific addition to the team.