- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Report: Miami Heat were interested in DeMarcus Cousins, but several Lakers players convinced him to sign
- Updated: July 6, 2019
DeMarcus Cousins has reportedly agreed to a one-year contract worth $3.5 million with the Los Angeles Lakers, who could have missed out on the former All-Star center.
Had it not been for the Lakers players who spoke to him, there’s a chance that the Miami Heat would have added him to their roster as he was allegedly on their radar as well.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 6, 2019
Anthony Davis and his teammates deserve a handshake on this deal getting done. Davis and Cousins were teammates before with the New Orleans Pelicans, a partnership that ended abruptly after an Achilles injury ended the latter’s season prematurely in January of 2018.
The combo could have had some deep playoff runs back then, but they are getting a second chance with LeBron James this time around.
Cousins could have formed an inside-out duo with new Heat star Jimmy Butler, who affectionately called the big man “my dog” during an interview with Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.
— Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) January 29, 2019
The Heat have other options heading into the next few weeks, but Cousins would have been a terrific addition to the team.