- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat were interested in DeMarcus Cousins, but several Lakers players convinced him to sign
- Updated: July 6, 2019
DeMarcus Cousins has reportedly agreed to a one-year contract worth $3.5 million with the Los Angeles Lakers, who could have missed out on the former All-Star center.
Had it not been for the Lakers players who spoke to him, there’s a chance that the Miami Heat would have added him to their roster as he was allegedly on their radar as well.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 6, 2019
Anthony Davis and his teammates deserve a handshake on this deal getting done. Davis and Cousins were teammates before with the New Orleans Pelicans, a partnership that ended abruptly after an Achilles injury ended the latter’s season prematurely in January of 2018.
The combo could have had some deep playoff runs back then, but they are getting a second chance with LeBron James this time around.
Cousins could have formed an inside-out duo with new Heat star Jimmy Butler, who affectionately called the big man “my dog” during an interview with Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.
— Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) January 29, 2019
The Heat have other options heading into the next few weeks, but Cousins would have been a terrific addition to the team.