- Report: Devin Booker Could Be Target for Miami Heat If They Strike Out in 2021
- Report: Bradley Beal Still Weighing Extension With Wizards, Heat to Receive ‘Serious’ Consideration
- KZ Okpala Talks Adding Muscle, ‘Being as Versatile as Possible’ Going Into Rookie Year
- Kendrick Nunn’s High School Coach: ‘He’s Right Up There’ With Alums Derrick Rose and Jabari Parker
- Report: Ice Cube Looking to Add Dwyane Wade to BIG3 in the Future
- Miami Heat News: 3 Players Expected to Compete for Pair of 2-Way Contracts
- Dwyane Wade to Join Chinese Reality Show ‘Dunk of China’
- Tyler Herro Comes to Kyle Kuzma’s Defense After Other NBA Players Destroy Him
- Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem Watch Zaire Wade and LeBron James Jr. Make Sierra Canyon Debut
- NBA Rookies Declare Tyler Herro as Best Shooter in 2019 Draft Class
Report: Miami Heat were interested in DeMarcus Cousins, but several Lakers players convinced him to sign
- Updated: July 6, 2019
DeMarcus Cousins has reportedly agreed to a one-year contract worth $3.5 million with the Los Angeles Lakers, who could have missed out on the former All-Star center.
Had it not been for the Lakers players who spoke to him, there’s a chance that the Miami Heat would have added him to their roster as he was allegedly on their radar as well.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 6, 2019
Anthony Davis and his teammates deserve a handshake on this deal getting done. Davis and Cousins were teammates before with the New Orleans Pelicans, a partnership that ended abruptly after an Achilles injury ended the latter’s season prematurely in January of 2018.
The combo could have had some deep playoff runs back then, but they are getting a second chance with LeBron James this time around.
Cousins could have formed an inside-out duo with new Heat star Jimmy Butler, who affectionately called the big man “my dog” during an interview with Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.
— Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) January 29, 2019
The Heat have other options heading into the next few weeks, but Cousins would have been a terrific addition to the team.