- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Report: Heat have been in touch with Pelicans regarding Lonzo Ball and J.J. Redick
- Updated: February 1, 2021
The New Orleans Pelicans reportedly are looking to trade guards J.J. Redick and Lonzo Ball by this year’s trade deadline.
Now, a new report lists the Miami Heat as one of several teams involved in talks for both Ball and Redick.
Pelicans are currently in touch with Warriors, Heat, Celtics, Nets, Suns, Magic, Kings, New York, Blazers regarding availability of both Lonzo Ball & JJ Redick.
— 👑📍Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson (@ScoopB) February 1, 2021
Miami is just 7-12 this season, but it had been without star Jimmy Butler for several games before he returned against the Sacramento Kings on Saturday.
Now, Miami looks to be interested in bolstering its roster with either a sharpshooter like Redick or a playmaker like Ball.
The Heat have high expectations this season after last year’s trip to the NBA Finals, but it is unclear how much a trade for Redick, Ball or both would cost them.
Ball is set to be a restricted free agent at the end of this season, while Redick is in the final year of his deal.
While there is no doubt that adding Redick or Ball would help bolster Miami’s roster, it will be interesting to see just how far the Heat go in their pursuit of the two guards.