- Jimmy Butler predicts why Miami Heat will succeed in playoffs: ‘We get there, us as a team, I’ll handle the rest’
- Erik Spoelstra says Bam Adebayo was ‘really angry’ Miami Heat kept him out of game vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo available to play Wednesday vs. Spurs
- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo Gain Serious All-Star Votes in First Fan Returns
- Updated: January 2, 2020
Based on the first fan returns of the All-Star voting, Butler and Adebayo are two of the top 10 vote-getters for the Eastern Conference’s frontcourt positions.
Luka leads all vote getters by a few hundred over Giannis, Jimmy Butler 4th, Bam 7th … Tacko 6th!!!
The first fan votes are in. pic.twitter.com/wK13RgR1P4
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) January 2, 2020
Butler is practically a shoo-in as an All-Star given his status as one of the league’s best two-way players. Additionally, the Heat’s surprising performance this season (24-9 record, third-best in the East) is credited mostly to his leadership and influence. He is averaging 20.8 points, 6.6 rebounds and 6.6 assists per game this season.
Adebayo’s strong play this season has caught the attention of former NBA star Charles Barkley. The retired legend believes Adebayo will play in this year’s All-Star Game, even though he might not make it as a starter eventually.
The third-year center is also making a case to be nominated for the 2019-20 Most Improved Player award with his nightly contribution of 15.6 points, 10.6 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game to the Heat’s cause.
Both Butler and Adebayo are two reasons why the Heat have overachieved this season, and their continued excellence in the coming weeks should help their case in gaining All-Star berths.
The 69th annual All-Star Game will be held at the United Center in Chicago on Feb. 16.