- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Report: Another NBA Team Has Entered Into the Mix for Jimmy Butler
- Updated: October 5, 2018
According to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, the Los Angeles Clippers have been in contact with the Timberwolves over dealing for the Houston, Texas native. At one point, the Marquette University star preferred being sent to the Clippers, but eventually focused his eyes on South Beach.
The new trade rumors come after a multitude of various offers and conversations between the Heat and Timberwolves. Both teams tweaked their offers as the process went by, but haven’t been able to nail down any verbal commitments. The last potential trade rumor noted Minnesota giving up the former Chicago Bull for Josh Richardson, Bam Adebayo and a protected 2019 first-round pick.
Now that contact has been established with the Clippers, Minnesota will look to squeeze a combination of players and picks in exchange for the All-Star. The Timberwolves would most likely need Tobias Harris included in any potential deal, but the Clippers aren’t interested in moving the 26-year-old forward.
Despite being traded twice in his young career, Harris averaged 18.6 points per game and 5.5 rebounds per game last season.
Again, it seems Tom Thibodeau is in the midst of the drama, hoping that Butler eventually changes his mind about a trade. The jury remains out as to whether any team will be able to strike a deal with Minnesota. Thus far, the Timberwolves seem more than reluctant to make a deal happen.