- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have Emerged as Frontrunners to Sign Gordon Hayward
- Updated: June 9, 2017
Free Agency Scuttle: Volume is rising on the whispers that the team worrying Utah in Gordon Hayward's free agency is Miami as much as Boston
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) June 9, 2017
Heard same this week about potential for Heat full-on pursuit of Hayward. https://t.co/0WXtFQEdon
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) June 9, 2017
The 6-foot-8 guard holds a $16.7 million player option for 2017-18, but will likely opt out and become a free agent in order to seek a max contract.
According to the Sun-Sentinel, Hayward is eligible for a free-agent contract that would start at about $30.9 million next season. He can make around $175 million on a five-year contract with the Jazz or around $130 million on a four-year contract with another team.
Although Heat president Pat Riley had previously stated that the Heat were not going for a “whale” this season, it seems that he is cooking up something big for the 2017 offseason.
Buckle up Heat fans, it’s going to be a fun summer.