- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15M-$20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have Emerged as Frontrunners to Sign Gordon Hayward
- Updated: June 9, 2017
Free Agency Scuttle: Volume is rising on the whispers that the team worrying Utah in Gordon Hayward's free agency is Miami as much as Boston
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) June 9, 2017
Heard same this week about potential for Heat full-on pursuit of Hayward. https://t.co/0WXtFQEdon
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) June 9, 2017
The 6-foot-8 guard holds a $16.7 million player option for 2017-18, but will likely opt out and become a free agent in order to seek a max contract.
According to the Sun-Sentinel, Hayward is eligible for a free-agent contract that would start at about $30.9 million next season. He can make around $175 million on a five-year contract with the Jazz or around $130 million on a four-year contract with another team.
Although Heat president Pat Riley had previously stated that the Heat were not going for a “whale” this season, it seems that he is cooking up something big for the 2017 offseason.
Buckle up Heat fans, it’s going to be a fun summer.