- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have Emerged as Frontrunners to Sign Gordon Hayward
- Updated: June 9, 2017
Free Agency Scuttle: Volume is rising on the whispers that the team worrying Utah in Gordon Hayward's free agency is Miami as much as Boston
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) June 9, 2017
Heard same this week about potential for Heat full-on pursuit of Hayward. https://t.co/0WXtFQEdon
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) June 9, 2017
The 6-foot-8 guard holds a $16.7 million player option for 2017-18, but will likely opt out and become a free agent in order to seek a max contract.
According to the Sun-Sentinel, Hayward is eligible for a free-agent contract that would start at about $30.9 million next season. He can make around $175 million on a five-year contract with the Jazz or around $130 million on a four-year contract with another team.
Although Heat president Pat Riley had previously stated that the Heat were not going for a “whale” this season, it seems that he is cooking up something big for the 2017 offseason.
Buckle up Heat fans, it’s going to be a fun summer.