- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
Miami Heat Rumors: Gerald Green Expected to Rejoin Heat Soon
- Updated: November 9, 2015
Since it was reported last week that Green was hospitalized for undisclosed reasons, there has been absolutely no updates or details in regards to what led to the shooting guard’s illness.
However, there was a bit of good news on Monday as Ira Winderman of The Sun Sentinel reported that Green is expected to be back with the Heat soon.
Heat mum, but source says Gerald Green expected to rejoin Heat soon. https://t.co/GcLOiyItd7 Plus rotation, Dragic, Winslow.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 9, 2015
In addition, head coach Erik Spoelstra did clarify that the 29-year-old guard is healthy:
“He’s healthy; he’s safe. I speak with him daily.”
Teammate Dwyane Wade echoed the same sentiment in regards to Green’s well-being:
“We’ve texted back and forth a few times. He’s doing fine. I haven’t seen him.”
The streaky shooter has missed the past four games after first being listed as ill prior to the Heat’s game versus the Atlanta Hawks last Tuesday night. He would later be hospitalized on Wednesday.
Though Green is expected back soon, Winderman stated that he is not expected at AmericanAirlines Arena for their game versus the Los Angeles Lakers.
The ninth-year player has averaged 10.3 points in 21.7 minutes per contest through three games this season.