- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Updated: October 19, 2020
According to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, Miami has its eye on “bigger fish” than Oladipo.
From latest Brian Windhorst pod:
“Oladipo has been connected to Miami for months now…my feel is that Miami has their eye on bigger fish.”
“I’m not sure that the interest from Miami is as high as the interest from Oladipo.” pic.twitter.com/UjJXpBEw5P
— Clay Ferraro (@ClayWPLG) October 19, 2020
The ESPN insider explained that if both players fail to sign contract extensions, it could set them up to team up somewhere following next season.
While Oladipo has been connected to the Heat, Miami went to the NBA Finals with its current roster.
Oladipo is not a free agent until the end of the 2020-21 season, which means Miami would likely have to part ways with some of its assets to bring him in for next season.
The Heat may be better off stockpiling those assets as they attempt to take a swing in the Antetokounmpo sweepstakes.
Last season, Oladipo returned from injury to average 14.5 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game.