- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Chad Johnson claims Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat will make ‘huge splash via trade’
- Updated: November 12, 2020
Former NFL superstar Chad Johnson may be on the verge of a new career as a Miami Heat insider.
The six-time Pro Bowler took to social media to say that Heat star Jimmy Butler has let him in on the Heat’s plans to add talent via trade.
After conversing with Jimmy Butler we are making a huge splash via trade but I’m sworn to secrecy but I’m excited for my Heat this upcoming season
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) November 12, 2020
Johnson is quite the character and media personality, so this report should be taken with a grain of salt. Still, it’s not as though he is referencing some unnamed source.
If there is any player on the Heat roster who is clued into the team’s trade plans, it is certainly Butler. After all, part of what helped lure Butler to Miami was the team’s determination to pair him with additional stars to create a bonafide title contender.
Beyond that, there are tons of trade rumors swirling that involve the Heat. Several players that have been linked to the Heat include James Harden, Jrue Holiday, Victor Oladipo and of course Giannis Antetokounmpo.
Only time will tell if Johnson’s report deserves to be taken seriously.