- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Chad Johnson claims Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat will make ‘huge splash via trade’
- Updated: November 12, 2020
Former NFL superstar Chad Johnson may be on the verge of a new career as a Miami Heat insider.
The six-time Pro Bowler took to social media to say that Heat star Jimmy Butler has let him in on the Heat’s plans to add talent via trade.
After conversing with Jimmy Butler we are making a huge splash via trade but I’m sworn to secrecy but I’m excited for my Heat this upcoming season
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) November 12, 2020
Johnson is quite the character and media personality, so this report should be taken with a grain of salt. Still, it’s not as though he is referencing some unnamed source.
If there is any player on the Heat roster who is clued into the team’s trade plans, it is certainly Butler. After all, part of what helped lure Butler to Miami was the team’s determination to pair him with additional stars to create a bonafide title contender.
Beyond that, there are tons of trade rumors swirling that involve the Heat. Several players that have been linked to the Heat include James Harden, Jrue Holiday, Victor Oladipo and of course Giannis Antetokounmpo.
Only time will tell if Johnson’s report deserves to be taken seriously.