- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Miami Heat preparing to go ‘all in’ on pursuit of Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Updated: October 15, 2020
Now, The Athletic’s Shams Charania is reporting that the Heat are preparing to go “all in” on their pursuit of the two-time MVP.
“Miami is preparing to go all in on the pursuit of Milwaukee’s two-time MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo in 2021 free agency, sources said,” wrote Charania.
Adding Antetokounmpo to a Heat team that just made the NBA Finals would certainly make them one of the title favorites in the league.
The 25-year-old is coming off another fantastic season, averaging 29.5 points, 13.6 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 1.0 steal and 1.0 block per game.
Although Antetokounmpo and the Bucks registered the best regular season record in the league this past season, they were defeated by the Heat in five games in the second round of the playoffs.
Antetokounmpo currently has one year left on his contract and is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent following the conclusion of the 2020-21 NBA season.