- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
Report: Miami Heat preparing to go ‘all in’ on pursuit of Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Updated: October 15, 2020
Now, The Athletic’s Shams Charania is reporting that the Heat are preparing to go “all in” on their pursuit of the two-time MVP.
“Miami is preparing to go all in on the pursuit of Milwaukee’s two-time MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo in 2021 free agency, sources said,” wrote Charania.
Adding Antetokounmpo to a Heat team that just made the NBA Finals would certainly make them one of the title favorites in the league.
The 25-year-old is coming off another fantastic season, averaging 29.5 points, 13.6 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 1.0 steal and 1.0 block per game.
Although Antetokounmpo and the Bucks registered the best regular season record in the league this past season, they were defeated by the Heat in five games in the second round of the playoffs.
Antetokounmpo currently has one year left on his contract and is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent following the conclusion of the 2020-21 NBA season.