- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
Udonis Haslem Reveals How LeBron James Helped Him Increase His Basketball IQ
- Updated: April 4, 2019
Udonis Haslem is one of the most respected veterans in the NBA, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have anything to learn from his younger colleagues.
In a recent interview with Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated, Haslem revealed what the four-time MVP taught him about the game they both love.
“LeBron James had the best basketball IQ I’ve ever seen from a player,” Haslem said. “The way I see the game now, I know everybody’s position. I know where everybody should be. I know what everybody should be doing. When I’m looking at the defenses, I’m not just looking at the man that’s guarding me. I’m looking at the other four defenders on the floor. That’s something I learned from LeBron.”
For Haslem to remark on something that he learned from James speaks volumes about James’ ability as a teammate.
Though James can never teach his colleagues to share the incredible raw ability he has displayed throughout his career, he can help them improve the way they see and understand the game.
While James and Haslem only played four years together, it is clear that he left quite the mark.