- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
- Video: Common’s All-Star Game Tribute to Dwyane Wade Moves Him to Tears
- Bam Adebayo Says He’d Take Jimmy Butler 1-on-1 Because ‘He’s Trash’
- Video: Dwyane Wade Claps Back at Haters Saying He Rigged the Dunk Contest
- LeBron James Reacts to Aaron Gordon Getting Robbed in 2020 NBA Slam Dunk Contest
- Andre Iguodala Defends Derrick Jones Jr. Winning NBA Slam Dunk Contest Over Aaron Gordon
Udonis Haslem Reveals How LeBron James Helped Him Increase His Basketball IQ
- Updated: April 4, 2019
Udonis Haslem is one of the most respected veterans in the NBA, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have anything to learn from his younger colleagues.
In a recent interview with Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated, Haslem revealed what the four-time MVP taught him about the game they both love.
“LeBron James had the best basketball IQ I’ve ever seen from a player,” Haslem said. “The way I see the game now, I know everybody’s position. I know where everybody should be. I know what everybody should be doing. When I’m looking at the defenses, I’m not just looking at the man that’s guarding me. I’m looking at the other four defenders on the floor. That’s something I learned from LeBron.”
For Haslem to remark on something that he learned from James speaks volumes about James’ ability as a teammate.
Though James can never teach his colleagues to share the incredible raw ability he has displayed throughout his career, he can help them improve the way they see and understand the game.
While James and Haslem only played four years together, it is clear that he left quite the mark.