- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Udonis Haslem Reveals How LeBron James Helped Him Increase His Basketball IQ
- Updated: April 4, 2019
Udonis Haslem is one of the most respected veterans in the NBA, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have anything to learn from his younger colleagues.
In a recent interview with Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated, Haslem revealed what the four-time MVP taught him about the game they both love.
“LeBron James had the best basketball IQ I’ve ever seen from a player,” Haslem said. “The way I see the game now, I know everybody’s position. I know where everybody should be. I know what everybody should be doing. When I’m looking at the defenses, I’m not just looking at the man that’s guarding me. I’m looking at the other four defenders on the floor. That’s something I learned from LeBron.”
For Haslem to remark on something that he learned from James speaks volumes about James’ ability as a teammate.
Though James can never teach his colleagues to share the incredible raw ability he has displayed throughout his career, he can help them improve the way they see and understand the game.
While James and Haslem only played four years together, it is clear that he left quite the mark.