- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
Udonis Haslem Fires Back at Donald Trump’s Lewd Remarks About Women
- Updated: October 10, 2016
The 2016 presidential race seems to have spilled over into the NBA after The Washington Post released a 2005 “Access Hollywood” tape of Republican nominee Donald Trump making lewd, aggressive remarks about women and justifying his remarks as “locker room talk.”
“Don’t throw us in there — we have nothing to do it with it,” Haslem said after practice Monday morning. “That ain’t our locker room talk. I don’t know what locker room he’s been in.”
In addition, the 36-year-old did not seem to appreciate the candidate characterizing athletes in that manner.
“I didn’t appreciate it to be completely honest,” Haslem said. “I don’t know Trump very well at all and I don’t know who he’s played for the last couple years to even say he’s been in anybody’s locker room to have those kind of conversations.”
However, it seems that Haslem isn’t the only NBA player, or professional athlete for that matter, taking an exception to Trump’s comments. Below is a list of some other notable critics.
— Jamal Crawford (@JCrossover) October 10, 2016
I haven't heard that one in any locker rooms https://t.co/Ci8NXOgFcI
— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) October 10, 2016
Please stop saying "locker room talk"
— Jacob Tamme (@JacobTamme) October 10, 2016