- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Udonis Haslem Fires Back at Donald Trump’s Lewd Remarks About Women
- Updated: October 10, 2016
The 2016 presidential race seems to have spilled over into the NBA after The Washington Post released a 2005 “Access Hollywood” tape of Republican nominee Donald Trump making lewd, aggressive remarks about women and justifying his remarks as “locker room talk.”
“Don’t throw us in there — we have nothing to do it with it,” Haslem said after practice Monday morning. “That ain’t our locker room talk. I don’t know what locker room he’s been in.”
In addition, the 36-year-old did not seem to appreciate the candidate characterizing athletes in that manner.
“I didn’t appreciate it to be completely honest,” Haslem said. “I don’t know Trump very well at all and I don’t know who he’s played for the last couple years to even say he’s been in anybody’s locker room to have those kind of conversations.”
However, it seems that Haslem isn’t the only NBA player, or professional athlete for that matter, taking an exception to Trump’s comments. Below is a list of some other notable critics.
— Jamal Crawford (@JCrossover) October 10, 2016
I haven't heard that one in any locker rooms https://t.co/Ci8NXOgFcI
— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) October 10, 2016
Please stop saying "locker room talk"
— Jacob Tamme (@JacobTamme) October 10, 2016