- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Udonis Haslem on Miami Heat’s Goal: ‘We Want to Win Now’
- Updated: April 3, 2016
The Miami Heat have high expectations every year and it would seem this year is no different.
While the Heat have the opportunity to clinch the third seed and home-court advantage during the first round of the playoffs, not many people expect this team to advance to the NBA Finals out of the Eastern Conference.
Although Miami may not be the favorites in the East, the expectation in the front office is championship or bust, according to Udonis Haslem.
Via Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald:
“It starts up top. The guys up top, since I’ve been here, Coach Riley, Mr. Arison and the whole organization make it clear we want to win now. We’re not about three years, four years.”
That type of expectation has led to three championships over the past 10 seasons. No other NBA team has more league titles than the Heat over the past decade.
The Heat may have lost to the Portland Trail Blazers on Saturday night, but they clinched their 17th playoff berth in Pat Riley’s 21 seasons with the franchise.
As Haslem states, it starts up top. The organization combined with Riley’s vision has led Miami into becoming the class of the Eastern Conference.