- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Report: Bam Adebayo to Take on Kobayashi in Cheeseburger-Eating Contest
- Updated: September 16, 2019
Per Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Adebayo will be facing off against competitive-eating legend Takeru Kobayashi in an upcoming eating contest.
“Adebayo will be among the celebrities competing against competitive-eating legend Kobayashi in a cheeseburger-eating contest Wednesday in Pine Crest.
“Wednesday’s event, promoted by BurgerFi and Feeding South Florida, comes as part of Hunger Action Month. In addition to Adebayo and Guinness world-record holder Takeru Kobayashi, the event will feature former NFL star Russell Maryland.”
The competition is not only for bragging rights, either. BurgerFi is set to donate $100 for every cheeseburger that is eaten for a donation up to $5,000 to Feeding South Florida.
There is little doubt that Adebayo will not be able to dethrone the Japanese competitive eating icon, but hopefully he’ll be able to show off the kind of appetite that an offseason of heavy training can create.