- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Photo: Dwyane Wade Caught Watching Heat Game After Bulls Victory
- Updated: April 11, 2017
You can take Dwyane Wade out of Miami, but evidently, you can’t take the “Miami” out of Dwyane Wade. After his own Chicago Bulls blew out the Orlando Magic, the former Miami Heat superstar was apparently caught watching the end of his old team’s game Monday night:
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) April 11, 2017
While it’s no secret that Wade still likes to follow the team that drafted him, Miami’s game versus the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday held particular significance.
If the Heat wound up losing, the Bulls would have clinched the playoffs, while Miami would’ve been eliminated. Obviously that’s not what happened. Instead, because Miami beat Cleveland, Chicago must continue to fight to make the playoffs.
As far as the Heat are concerned, they still need a bit more help to make the postseason. To get in, they must win their final game of the season versus the Washington Wizards on Wednesday and rely on Wade’s Bulls (or the Indiana Pacers) to lose that same day.