- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Miami Heat Teammates Campaign Kendrick Nunn Over Ja Morant for Rookie of the Year
- Updated: April 14, 2020
THAT DOG ENERGY ‼️‼️‼️ https://t.co/QGx6WsqKaB
— 13am Adebayo💥 (@Bam1of1) April 13, 2020
Nunn, 24, has been one of the best stories of Miami’s season.
The Heat signed the undrafted pro on the last day of the 2018-19 regular season. Since then, he has ascended and impressed his way through the Heat ranks to become the team’s starting point guard.
Morant, on the other hand, has been in limelight since the beginning of the year. The Memphis Grizzlies selected him with the No. 2 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.
The 20-year-old is averaging 17.6 points, 6.9 assists and 3.5 rebounds per game this season. While the Grizzlies are currently the eight seed in the Western Conference, they have a subpar 32-33 record.
As for the Heat, they are having a strong campaign. Nunn is putting up 15.6 points, 3.4 assists and 2.7 points per game this season. The 6-foot-2 bull dog is the team’s fourth-highest scorer.
There is no official timetable for when the NBA will resume the 2019-20 season.