- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
Meyers Leonard publicly apologizes to Micky Arison and Jewish community for anti-Semitic slur that went viral
- Updated: March 9, 2021
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 10, 2021
Leonard was captured on video uttering the slur while in the midst of playing of the video game “Call of Duty: Warzone,” with the clip quickly going viral and the subsequent outrage offered over his comments.
— Main Team (@MainTeamSports) March 9, 2021
In the wake of the controversy, Leonard’s gaming sponsorship was canceled, with both the Heat and NBA looking into the situation to see if additional punishment will be warranted.
The incident was a shock to Heat fans and other NBA followers, given that Leonard last year made a concerted effort to connect with the NBA to address social justice issues.