- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
Video: Meyers Leonard uses vulgar anti-Semitic slur during his Twitch stream
- Updated: March 9, 2021
On Tuesday, he got himself into a lot of trouble when a video surfaced of him shouting an anti-Semitic slur while playing “Call of Duty: Warzone.”
— Main Team (@MainTeamSports) March 9, 2021
The video quickly made the rounds, with at least one player that Leonard often teams up with have coming forward to denounce the utterance.
Me laughing at this was fucked up, and was me being ignorant to what the word means and it’s impact. Not okay.
I try my best to keep my stream friendly to those who stop in.
I learned and I’m sorry for laughing. https://t.co/QyoWpUDYpM
— TeeP (@TylerTeeP) March 9, 2021
Of course, Leonard faced flack when he refused to kneel with his teammates during the national anthem in the NBA’s bubble. Though he offered a reasonable explanation behind his decision to stand, it certainly rubbed some fans and players around the league the wrong way.
The racist exclamation Leonard said on Tuesday comes at a time when his future with the Heat is already in question.
Leonard will miss the remainder of the 2020-21 season due to a shoulder injury and has a team option on his contract for next season.
While it is possible that Leonard will be forgiven for this incident, it is clear that he has a lot of growing up to do when it comes to the harmful language that is apparently part of his vocabulary.