- Meyers Leonard Doubles Down on Justice Stance, Shows Love to African-American Teammates
- An Emotional Udonis Haslem Addresses Community of Miami: ‘I’m Scared as Hell’
- Udonis Haslem Boasts About KZ Okpala’s Growth, Says He’s Put on Weight and Gotten Stronger
- Bam Adebayo Adamantly Advocates for Jayson Tatum to Receive Max Money From Celtics
- Report: Miami Heat Could Participate in Secret ‘Closed-Door Scrimmages’ Despite NBA Directive
- Tyler Herro Sends Blunt 4-Word Message With NBA Return on Horizon
- Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
- Ayehsa Curry Rips Donald Trump for Calling George Floyd Protesters ‘Thugs’
- Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo Worried About Licking, Sweating When NBA Returns
- Report: NBA Targeting July 31 for Resumption of 2019-20 Season
Meyers Leonard Announces He’ll Help Feed Over 1 Million People in April Affected by COVID-19
- Updated: April 6, 2020
On Monday, he announced the exciting news on social media.
Ladies & Gentlemen.. WOW. THANK YOU to everyone who came thru the 24-hour live stream. Together, we raised $70,000 on our way to raise $175,000 and feed over 1 million people in the month of April due to COVID-19. The rest of the month is going to be exciting! Stay tuned! 🙏🏼❤️🔨
Across the league, players have taken to different forms of charity to help those in need. It is truly inspirational to see these young men use their wealth and influence for such great causes during the current crisis.
This isn’t the first time Leonard has been in the news lately. Over the weekend, the big man stated what he hopes will happen with the rest of the 2019-20 NBA season.
With the season currently in the balance, Leonard expressed his hope that every team will get to play five more regular season games before the playoffs begin.
Right now, it is unclear just how likely that is. First, government and medical officials will have to find a way to stall the spread of the disease.
Until then, Leonard and the rest of his NBA colleagues are sure to do all that they can to help those in need.