- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
Jimmy Butler Hints on Social Media That He Could Be Joining Miami Heat
- Updated: June 30, 2019
However, Butler appears confident that a trade is imminent, given his response to a challenge from a retired NFL star.
ASAP after I get a contract done.. you’ll be the first I call. I want the footrace first tho. Slow ass. https://t.co/kdSlQTpBaI
Butler is on the verge of becoming a free agent, which would effectively eliminate the Heat’s chances of acquiring him. That’s because their current salary-cap situation precludes them from signing Butler or any other major free agent.
The 41-year-old Johnson is a Miami native who was an NFL wide receiver for 12 seasons, the first 10 of which were with the Cincinnati Bengals. Over those dozen seasons, he caught 766 passes and was known for outlandish stunts, such as briefly changing his name to Chad Ochocinco, which was meant to represent his uniform number (85). He closed out his NFL career in 2012 with the Miami Dolphins.
If the Heat are successful making this trade, some of their current players will be sent to the 76ers in return for Butler. The most notable name mentioned is Josh Richardson, though other reports indicate that point guard Goran Dragic could be part of such a trade package.
In the days leading up to the start of free agency, Butler has expressed a willingness to play for the Heat. He played collegiately at Marquette University, like Heat legend Dwyane Wade, with news of a possible deal for Butler resulting in Wade joking about coming out of retirement to team with Butler.