- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
- Report: Miami Heat expected to give Bam Adebayo close to $200 million contract extension
- Report: Bam Adebayo purposely walked by Lakers’ victory party on night Miami Heat lost NBA Finals
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s agent to meet with Miami Heat to discuss max extension
- Meyers Leonard’s NSFW response when asked how much he cares about stats
- Report: Miami Heat sign intriguing 6-foot-8 international prospect
- Goran Dragic offers major update on foot injury he sustained in 2020 NBA Finals
Giannis Antetokounmpo Offers Big Compliment for Entire Miami Heat Squad
- Updated: March 22, 2019
The Miami Heat are just hours away from facing off against the Eastern Conference-leading Milwaukee Bucks. While most fans likely expect the Bucks to get a fairly easy win, star forward Giannis Antetokounmpo warned everyone not to take the challenge the Heat pose lightly.
“Miami is a great team,” he said last week. “They play hard. They move the ball so well, they play with pace, get open shots and they play well.”
The MVP contender also offered one way to beat the Heat.
“If you play slow to them, they will stop you because they are a great defensive team,” he said. “If you’re able to rebound the ball, run, make plays, get open shots and have a fast-paced offense, it’s harder for them to guard you.”
Antetokounmpo wasn’t the only one to offer praise. Wade returned the favor by paying a high compliment to the Greek national.
“[Antetokounmpo] looks like he lives in the gym,” Wade said. “He’s put himself in position to be an MVP candidate.”
While a victory over the Bucks seems like a tall task for the 35-36 Heat, they have been playing perhaps their best basketball of the season lately. They’ve won eight of their last 10 games. Though it should be mentioned that one of those losses did come against the Bucks.
Right now the Heat lead the Orlando Magic by one and a half games in the Eastern Conference standings. A win versus the Bucks tonight could help solidify not only their mathematical chances of advancing to the playoffs, but also further prove that they deserve to advance to the postseason.