- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Giannis Antetokounmpo Offers Big Compliment for Entire Miami Heat Squad
- Updated: March 22, 2019
The Miami Heat are just hours away from facing off against the Eastern Conference-leading Milwaukee Bucks. While most fans likely expect the Bucks to get a fairly easy win, star forward Giannis Antetokounmpo warned everyone not to take the challenge the Heat pose lightly.
“Miami is a great team,” he said last week. “They play hard. They move the ball so well, they play with pace, get open shots and they play well.”
The MVP contender also offered one way to beat the Heat.
“If you play slow to them, they will stop you because they are a great defensive team,” he said. “If you’re able to rebound the ball, run, make plays, get open shots and have a fast-paced offense, it’s harder for them to guard you.”
Antetokounmpo wasn’t the only one to offer praise. Wade returned the favor by paying a high compliment to the Greek national.
“[Antetokounmpo] looks like he lives in the gym,” Wade said. “He’s put himself in position to be an MVP candidate.”
While a victory over the Bucks seems like a tall task for the 35-36 Heat, they have been playing perhaps their best basketball of the season lately. They’ve won eight of their last 10 games. Though it should be mentioned that one of those losses did come against the Bucks.
Right now the Heat lead the Orlando Magic by one and a half games in the Eastern Conference standings. A win versus the Bucks tonight could help solidify not only their mathematical chances of advancing to the playoffs, but also further prove that they deserve to advance to the postseason.