- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
Erik Spoelstra Fires Back at Those Questioning Miami Heat’s Response to Losses This Season
- Updated: February 26, 2019
The Miami Heat’s return from the All-Star break has gone about as badly as possible. First, the Heat lost to to the Philadelphia 76ers 106-102 after giving up a late lead. Then, they were blown out by the Detroit Pistons 119-96 on Saturday night at home.
The icing on top of the disappointing cake, however, took place on Monday night when the Heat lost to the lowly Phoenix Suns, a team that was previously on a 17-game losing streak.
Following that kind of loss, members of the press asked Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra why the Heat didn’t openly expressed any type of anger. Spoelstra didn’t mince words in his response.
“We don’t have to express it to you,” Spoelstra told reporters.
The 2018-19 season was quite promising back in the months of December and January as the Heat slowly climbed into the playoff race in the Eastern Conference.
Now, with just 23 games left on the schedule, a lot is going to have to change for the Heat to earn a playoff berth. They currently sit at the 10th seed in the conference.
While Spoelstra certainly could express his anger in public, he has never been known to show much bluster. Instead, it is likely that Spoelstra is working with his team to identify problems and fix them.
Hopefully, it’s enough to get this season back on track before it’s too late.