- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
Erik Spoelstra Fires Back at Those Questioning Miami Heat’s Response to Losses This Season
- Updated: February 26, 2019
The Miami Heat’s return from the All-Star break has gone about as badly as possible. First, the Heat lost to to the Philadelphia 76ers 106-102 after giving up a late lead. Then, they were blown out by the Detroit Pistons 119-96 on Saturday night at home.
The icing on top of the disappointing cake, however, took place on Monday night when the Heat lost to the lowly Phoenix Suns, a team that was previously on a 17-game losing streak.
Following that kind of loss, members of the press asked Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra why the Heat didn’t openly expressed any type of anger. Spoelstra didn’t mince words in his response.
“We don’t have to express it to you,” Spoelstra told reporters.
The 2018-19 season was quite promising back in the months of December and January as the Heat slowly climbed into the playoff race in the Eastern Conference.
Now, with just 23 games left on the schedule, a lot is going to have to change for the Heat to earn a playoff berth. They currently sit at the 10th seed in the conference.
While Spoelstra certainly could express his anger in public, he has never been known to show much bluster. Instead, it is likely that Spoelstra is working with his team to identify problems and fix them.
Hopefully, it’s enough to get this season back on track before it’s too late.