- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Dwyane Wade Gives Personal Update on His Injury Status
- Updated: March 11, 2018
The return of veteran guard Dwyane Wade to the Miami Heat last month brought with it an outpouring of excitement and love for the return of the beloved franchise icon. Those emotions turned to major concern when Wade went down with what the team stated was a mild left hamstring strain during Saturday night’s rout of the Washington Wizards.
In an effort to quell any lingering doubt about his status, Wade took to social media on Sunday to offer some reassurance:
The injury comes just as the Heat are set to begin a three-game Western road trip that begins on Monday night in Portland. After the game on Saturday, Wade had indicated that he won’t be playing in that contest. The three-time NBA champion is also expected to miss Monday’s game against the Blazers.
Dwyane Wade (hamstring) doesn’t expect to play Monday in Portland. “These things suck,” he said.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) March 11, 2018
Since being acquired from Cleveland on Feb. 8, Wade has invigorated the Heat with his leadership and has also averaged 13.7 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists.