- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem Heap Praise on Hassan Whiteside for Growth and Maturity This Season
- Updated: January 18, 2019
There’s no denying that Heat center Hassan Whiteside has greatly matured on and off the court this season.
His play and demeanor have improved so much that the team’s two most veteran players have been singing his praises.
“He’s putting his team first,” said Miami’s Udonis Haslem.
“Hassan has been working on himself,” stated Wade. “He’s got people around that help him. He’s just in a good place. Having the birth of his son [last month] was another thing that helped him, understanding responsibilities. He’s been great. Been great for us this year.”
In a time where certain Heat players have been visibly and vocally unhappy with their minutes, Whiteside has been neither. Despite differences in his playing time from game to game, the 29-year-old hasn’t said a word about it.
“I think I’m just in a better place than I was last year,” said Whiteside earlier this week. “Going through all the injuries and stuff, I was real frustrated with myself too, not being able to be there with my teammates, not being able to contribute like I wanted to. There was a lot of frustration with myself also, with the injuries. I’m just happy we’re winning. All the other stuff will come.”
That much is clear. His growth and maturity have helped the Heat stand strong despite many ups and downs throughout the first half of the regular season.
“I’m just happy we’re winning,” Whiteside went on to say. “All the other stuff will come.”