- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Dwyane Wade Strongly Defends and Shouts Out LaMelo Ball
- Updated: June 16, 2019
The early stages of LaMelo Ball’s basketball career have been met with both praise and criticism.
One person who definitely believes that Ball is worthy of praise is retired Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade, who took time on social media on Saturday to endorse Ball’s abilities on the basketball court.
@MELOD1P can hoop. Point. Blank. Period.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) June 16, 2019
His abilities have often been overshadowed by the actions of his bombastic father, LaVar, who has constantly gone overboard in describing the basketball skills of his three sons. LaMelo Ball’s older brother, Lonzo, was the second overall pick by the Los Angeles Lakers two years, while another older brother, LiAngelo, was not selected in the 2018 draft.
Yet, LaMelo Ball does possess the talent to potentially play in the NBA and has been discussed as a potential draft pick when he becomes eligible for the 2020 draft. While Lonzo Ball suggests that he would be a lottery selection, more unbiased sources indicate that he could potentially drop into the second round.
LaMelo Ball is definitely considered a prospect by the offseason camp circuit, where he showed off his skills in the prestigious Drew League.
Having been around since 1973, the Drew League has served as a training ground for players like LeBron James, Kevin Durant and James Harden. Whether or not LaMelo Ball someday is mentioned in the same breath as those players remains to be seen. Yet it’s clear that Wade’s endorsement of his talents should offer the teenager a boost in his self-esteem.