- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Updated: November 12, 2019
Dwyane Wade’s storied NBA career is a thing of the past, but many are not yet ready to stop talking about his playing days.
In a recent interview with Complex, Wade was asked to put together an all-time starting five made up of his former teammates. Considering the pedigree of players that the three-time champ has played with, there’s little doubt that Wade took quite a bit of time to answer the question.
In the end, however, the unit he came up with is certainly a strong one, consisting of all former Miami Heat players including Ray Allen, LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Shaquille O’Neal and current Heat veteran Udonis Haslem.
“It’s gotta be the guys I won championships with,” Wade began. “I would be myself at the point, Ray Allen at the two, LeBron at the three, Bosh at the four and Shaq at center. And we’d have Udonis Haslem as the sixth man.”
This unit is not only filled with Finals MVPs, but also league MVPs. It also includes arguably the greatest big man of all time in O’Neal and the greatest forward in league history in James. While some great players were left off Wade’s list, his logic is also pretty hard to disagree with.
As Wade gets further away from his final NBA game, chances are good that the questions posed to him will be less about his playing days and more about what lies ahead for him. Luckily, both topics are quite exciting.
Perhaps one day, interviewers will ask Wade about his top all-time business partners. Until then, fans will just have to enjoy imaging this unit of former Heat players dominate the league together.