- Jae Crowder Says ‘It Was All Championship Talk’ for Miami Heat Prior to Shutdown
- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Updated: November 12, 2019
Dwyane Wade’s storied NBA career is a thing of the past, but many are not yet ready to stop talking about his playing days.
In a recent interview with Complex, Wade was asked to put together an all-time starting five made up of his former teammates. Considering the pedigree of players that the three-time champ has played with, there’s little doubt that Wade took quite a bit of time to answer the question.
In the end, however, the unit he came up with is certainly a strong one, consisting of all former Miami Heat players including Ray Allen, LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Shaquille O’Neal and current Heat veteran Udonis Haslem.
“It’s gotta be the guys I won championships with,” Wade began. “I would be myself at the point, Ray Allen at the two, LeBron at the three, Bosh at the four and Shaq at center. And we’d have Udonis Haslem as the sixth man.”
This unit is not only filled with Finals MVPs, but also league MVPs. It also includes arguably the greatest big man of all time in O’Neal and the greatest forward in league history in James. While some great players were left off Wade’s list, his logic is also pretty hard to disagree with.
As Wade gets further away from his final NBA game, chances are good that the questions posed to him will be less about his playing days and more about what lies ahead for him. Luckily, both topics are quite exciting.
Perhaps one day, interviewers will ask Wade about his top all-time business partners. Until then, fans will just have to enjoy imaging this unit of former Heat players dominate the league together.