- Dwyane Wade Pays Jason Williams Huge Compliment on His Birthday
- Dwyane Wade Indicates Bam Adebayo Should Win Major NBA Award
- Report: Miami Heat Have Plan to Sign Chris Silva to Full Deal Later This Season
- Miami Heat Update Injury Report Before Game vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- Kendrick Nunn Now Leads All Rookies in 6 Key Statistical Categories
- Kendrick Perkins Roasts Hassan Whiteside, Says Pat Riley Sold ‘Used Buick’ to Trail Blazers
- Kendrick Nunn Credits Erik Spoelstra With Creating Championship Culture for Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Celebrates Carmelo Anthony Signing With Portland Trail Blazers
- Meyers Leonard Thinks Tenure With Miami Heat Could Be Long Term
- Dwyane Wade Credits Own Sneakers for Helping D’Angelo Russell Posterize LeBron James
Dwyane Wade Pays Jason Williams Huge Compliment on His Birthday
- Updated: November 18, 2019
Wade retweeted a post from the Heat’s official Twitter account which greeted the man fondly known as “White Chocolate.” The recently retired Heat legend essentially announced to all of his fans on social media that Williams was his favorite point guard to play with during his 16-year NBA career.
Forever my point guard‼️ https://t.co/ejYrXxrx7J
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 18, 2019
Williams played for the Heat for three seasons from 2005 to 2008, and averaged 10.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game. His most memorable year in Miami came during his first season with the Heat when they won their first NBA title.
One of the most creative passers in the history of the NBA, Williams was a starter alongside Wade in 56 of the 59 regular season games that he played that year. Wade was exceptional in the 2006 NBA Finals, winning the Finals MVP trophy by leading the Heat to a 4-2 series win against the Dallas Mavericks.
Williams retired for a year after his tenure with the Heat but returned a year later to play two more seasons.