- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
Dwyane Wade Pays Jason Williams Huge Compliment on His Birthday
- Updated: November 18, 2019
Wade retweeted a post from the Heat’s official Twitter account which greeted the man fondly known as “White Chocolate.” The recently retired Heat legend essentially announced to all of his fans on social media that Williams was his favorite point guard to play with during his 16-year NBA career.
Forever my point guard‼️ https://t.co/ejYrXxrx7J
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 18, 2019
Williams played for the Heat for three seasons from 2005 to 2008, and averaged 10.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game. His most memorable year in Miami came during his first season with the Heat when they won their first NBA title.
One of the most creative passers in the history of the NBA, Williams was a starter alongside Wade in 56 of the 59 regular season games that he played that year. Wade was exceptional in the 2006 NBA Finals, winning the Finals MVP trophy by leading the Heat to a 4-2 series win against the Dallas Mavericks.
Williams retired for a year after his tenure with the Heat but returned a year later to play two more seasons.