- Report: Dwyane Wade to Produce New Docuseries Featuring Zaire Wade
- Report: Miami Heat Announce Dwyane Wade’s 3 Day Retirement Ceremony Plans
- Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow, Jimmy Butler Set to Return Wednesday vs. Indiana Pacers
- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
Dwyane Wade Pays Jason Williams Huge Compliment on His Birthday
- Updated: November 18, 2019
Wade retweeted a post from the Heat’s official Twitter account which greeted the man fondly known as “White Chocolate.” The recently retired Heat legend essentially announced to all of his fans on social media that Williams was his favorite point guard to play with during his 16-year NBA career.
Forever my point guard‼️ https://t.co/ejYrXxrx7J
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 18, 2019
Williams played for the Heat for three seasons from 2005 to 2008, and averaged 10.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game. His most memorable year in Miami came during his first season with the Heat when they won their first NBA title.
One of the most creative passers in the history of the NBA, Williams was a starter alongside Wade in 56 of the 59 regular season games that he played that year. Wade was exceptional in the 2006 NBA Finals, winning the Finals MVP trophy by leading the Heat to a 4-2 series win against the Dallas Mavericks.
Williams retired for a year after his tenure with the Heat but returned a year later to play two more seasons.