- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
Bam Adebayo Offers Inspiring Message After Being Named to Team USA
- Updated: August 2, 2019
Adebayo and the rest of the Team USA roster will soon depart for training camp, which will start on Monday. There, they will prepare for the FIBA World Cup, which will start on Aug. 31. There are currently 16 players on the roster who will compete for the final 12 spots.
In recent weeks, a number of prominent NBA stars have declined invitations to join Team USA, including the Los Angeles Lakers’ Anthony Davis. On Thursday, Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond and Los Angeles Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell turned down their invites, paving the way for Adebayo to be added to the team.
The Team USA roster won’t exactly be a weak one. Along with Adebayo, it will include notable blue-chippers as Milwaukee Bucks All-Star Khris Middleton, Boston Celtics All-Star guard Kemba Walker, the New York Knicks’ Julius Randle and Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma.
Adebayo, the 14th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, averaged 8.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game this past season.