- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Bam Adebayo Offers Inspiring Message After Being Named to Team USA
- Updated: August 2, 2019
Adebayo and the rest of the Team USA roster will soon depart for training camp, which will start on Monday. There, they will prepare for the FIBA World Cup, which will start on Aug. 31. There are currently 16 players on the roster who will compete for the final 12 spots.
In recent weeks, a number of prominent NBA stars have declined invitations to join Team USA, including the Los Angeles Lakers’ Anthony Davis. On Thursday, Detroit Pistons center Andre Drummond and Los Angeles Clippers big man Montrezl Harrell turned down their invites, paving the way for Adebayo to be added to the team.
The Team USA roster won’t exactly be a weak one. Along with Adebayo, it will include notable blue-chippers as Milwaukee Bucks All-Star Khris Middleton, Boston Celtics All-Star guard Kemba Walker, the New York Knicks’ Julius Randle and Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma.
Adebayo, the 14th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, averaged 8.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game this past season.