- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
Video: Rich Eisen says he wouldn’t give up Tyler Herro for James Harden or Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Updated: December 16, 2020
Why, if you're the #Heat, would you package one of your young stars and picks to trade for James Harden?
— Rich Eisen Show (@RichEisenShow) December 16, 2020
“Do you want to be on the hook, if you’re [team president] Pat Riley, to win maybe this year and next, when you can be winning with Tyler Herro long after he’s retired, when he’s Miami Heat front office emeritus,” said Eisen on the “Rich Eisen Show.” “Why would you do it? I don’t know. Again, I’m also the guy that wouldn’t break it up for Giannis, and you’re hearing everybody else is breaking everything up for Giannis or was planning to.”
Harden is now 31, which would raise the question of how many more elite years he would be able to offer any team that trades for him.
The Heat, on the other hand, are currently comprised several players who are in their early to mid-20s, which translates to a much longer championship window.
Given Riley’s history of being involved with teams that have won multiple titles within a short span, it seems plausible that he wants this Heat squad to do the same before he retires.