- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
Video: Dion Waiters and Chris Paul Seen Working Out Together in Miami
- Updated: September 21, 2019
Recently, he was joined in preseason training by Oklahoma City Thunder guard Chris Paul, who could conceivably become a teammate at some point during the upcoming campaign.
CP3 and Dion Waiters putting in work ??
(IG: dzandertraining) pic.twitter.com/BWtP57Xk8E
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) September 21, 2019
Waiters and Paul are shown honing their games at sports performance trainer David Alexander’s DBC Fitness center in Miami. The two veterans are just some of the countless NBA players and other professional athletes who have spent time at the facility.
DBC Fitness focuses on more the subtle aspects of athletes, honing in on the improvement of aspects such as agility, acceleration and quickness.
For the 27-year-old Waiters, he’s hoping to enjoy his first healthy full season with the Heat after the first three dealt with continuing ankle issues. His first campaign during the 2016-17 season ended abruptly because of a severely sprained left ankle.
After attempting to play through the nagging injury the following season, Waiters was forced to have season-ending surgery in January 2018. Snags in his rehabilitation delayed his return to the court until this past January.
Whether Paul winds up with the Heat is still unknown, but previous attempts to acquire him from the Thunder during the summer came up short. The 34-year-old guard was traded to the Thunder by the Houston Rockets in the deal that sent Russell Westbrook to Houston.
However, with the Thunder clearly in rebuilding mode, they aren’t looking to hold on to a veteran player like Paul, who also has a massive contract. The Heat are likely to again seek a trade for him as the regular season gets closer, but it’s unclear exactly what it would require the team to give up in return.