- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Goes Down With Gruesome Knee Injury vs. Knicks
- Updated: January 27, 2019
A scary moment in MSG, as @MiamiHeat wing @TheRea1DJones collapses under the basket with what appears to be a leg injury. He had to be helped off the court by teammates. #NBA pic.twitter.com/pVt1EzGdbO
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) January 28, 2019
While in transition, Jones Jr. dribbled through New York’s Allonzo Trier and Mario Hezonja on his way to the basket. As he drove to the lane, Trier fouled him, but his knee appeared to buckle as he planted his right leg.
Jones Jr. immediately collapsed to the ground in a great deal of pain, clutching his knee. He was helped off the court and taken to the locker room, where he was further evaluated. His initial X-rays came back negative.
UPDATE: X-rays on Derrick Jones, Jr.'s right knee returned negative.
It’s an awful break for the 21-year-old who was having his best season yet with the Heat, averaging 7.6 points and 4.5 rebounds in 18.4 minutes per game.