- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Goes Down With Gruesome Knee Injury vs. Knicks
- Updated: January 27, 2019
A scary moment in MSG, as @MiamiHeat wing @TheRea1DJones collapses under the basket with what appears to be a leg injury. He had to be helped off the court by teammates. #NBA pic.twitter.com/pVt1EzGdbO
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) January 28, 2019
While in transition, Jones Jr. dribbled through New York’s Allonzo Trier and Mario Hezonja on his way to the basket. As he drove to the lane, Trier fouled him, but his knee appeared to buckle as he planted his right leg.
Jones Jr. immediately collapsed to the ground in a great deal of pain, clutching his knee. He was helped off the court and taken to the locker room, where he was further evaluated. His initial X-rays came back negative.
UPDATE: X-rays on Derrick Jones, Jr.'s right knee returned negative.
It’s an awful break for the 21-year-old who was having his best season yet with the Heat, averaging 7.6 points and 4.5 rebounds in 18.4 minutes per game.