- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
- Bam Adebayo Explains Why Tyler Herro Will Quickly Adjust to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade and Bradley Beal Can’t Believe Zaire Wade’s New High School Roster
- Tobias Harris on Jimmy Butler Leaving 76ers for Heat: ‘Miami Is Gonna Love Him’
- Former NBA Player Disrespects Chris Bosh: ‘Can You Really Call Miami a Big 3’
- Renowned NBA Trainer Sends Warning to League About Dion Waiters
- Video: Bam Adebayo Hilariously Blocks Children’s Shots at Basketball Camp
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat to Be ‘Aggressive’ in Adding Another Star
- Dion Waiters Opens Up About Emotional Struggles He Faced After Gaining Weight
Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Goes Down With Gruesome Knee Injury vs. Knicks
- Updated: January 27, 2019
A scary moment in MSG, as @MiamiHeat wing @TheRea1DJones collapses under the basket with what appears to be a leg injury. He had to be helped off the court by teammates. #NBA pic.twitter.com/pVt1EzGdbO
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) January 28, 2019
While in transition, Jones Jr. dribbled through New York’s Allonzo Trier and Mario Hezonja on his way to the basket. As he drove to the lane, Trier fouled him, but his knee appeared to buckle as he planted his right leg.
Jones Jr. immediately collapsed to the ground in a great deal of pain, clutching his knee. He was helped off the court and taken to the locker room, where he was further evaluated. His initial X-rays came back negative.
UPDATE: X-rays on Derrick Jones, Jr.'s right knee returned negative.
It’s an awful break for the 21-year-old who was having his best season yet with the Heat, averaging 7.6 points and 4.5 rebounds in 18.4 minutes per game.