- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
- Report: Miami Heat’s ability to trade for star like Bradley Beal may hinge on Kelly Olynyk
- Jimmy Butler severely disrespected in 2021 NBA MVP odds
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro reflects on NBA Finals loss with motivational social media post
Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Goes Down With Gruesome Knee Injury vs. Knicks
- Updated: January 27, 2019
A scary moment in MSG, as @MiamiHeat wing @TheRea1DJones collapses under the basket with what appears to be a leg injury. He had to be helped off the court by teammates. #NBA pic.twitter.com/pVt1EzGdbO
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) January 28, 2019
While in transition, Jones Jr. dribbled through New York’s Allonzo Trier and Mario Hezonja on his way to the basket. As he drove to the lane, Trier fouled him, but his knee appeared to buckle as he planted his right leg.
Jones Jr. immediately collapsed to the ground in a great deal of pain, clutching his knee. He was helped off the court and taken to the locker room, where he was further evaluated. His initial X-rays came back negative.
UPDATE: X-rays on Derrick Jones, Jr.'s right knee returned negative.
It’s an awful break for the 21-year-old who was having his best season yet with the Heat, averaging 7.6 points and 4.5 rebounds in 18.4 minutes per game.