- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
- Chris Bosh Eligible to Go to Hall of Fame in Same Class as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Report: NBA Will No Longer Allow ‘Ninja-Style’ Headbands Jimmy Butler Wore Last Season
- Dwyane Wade: ‘I Think L.A. Is Going to Win the Championship’
- Dwyane Wade Hints at Possible Comeback From Retirement: ‘Never Say Never’
Video: Derrick Jones Jr. Goes Down With Gruesome Knee Injury vs. Knicks
- Updated: January 27, 2019
A scary moment in MSG, as @MiamiHeat wing @TheRea1DJones collapses under the basket with what appears to be a leg injury. He had to be helped off the court by teammates. #NBA pic.twitter.com/pVt1EzGdbO
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) January 28, 2019
While in transition, Jones Jr. dribbled through New York’s Allonzo Trier and Mario Hezonja on his way to the basket. As he drove to the lane, Trier fouled him, but his knee appeared to buckle as he planted his right leg.
Jones Jr. immediately collapsed to the ground in a great deal of pain, clutching his knee. He was helped off the court and taken to the locker room, where he was further evaluated. His initial X-rays came back negative.
UPDATE: X-rays on Derrick Jones, Jr.'s right knee returned negative.
It’s an awful break for the 21-year-old who was having his best season yet with the Heat, averaging 7.6 points and 4.5 rebounds in 18.4 minutes per game.