- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul Open Up About Their Incredible Friendship With Dwyane Wade
- Updated: February 17, 2019
Amongst those in attendance were two of Wade’s closest friends, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul. Both Paul and Anthony shared some words about what it’s meant to be in the league alongside the Heat legend.
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) February 18, 2019
“We grew over the years,” Anthony began. “I know people joke about the banana boat, but we’re more than a banana boat. This is a true friendship. We came in this league together. Now look at you. You trading jerseys and s—. But it’s all love because at the end of the day. It’s bigger than basketball.”
Then it was Paul’s turn to speak.
“You have some guys that are teammates. You spend nine, 10 months together and what not, but at the end of the day they’re just teammates,” Paul said. “But us? This don’t go nowhere. And I still can’t imagine now, you not being in this league next year. I think at the end of the year he’s going to change his mind and we’re going to do this all over again next year.”
It’s truly special what the NBA has done for Wade during All-Star Weekend. While he wasn’t originally a part of the roster, league commissioner Adam Silver added him as a special addition to honor his career.
Moments like these prove that Silver and the NBA knew exactly what they were doing when they decided to make Wade a part of this year’s All-Star Weekend.