- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul Open Up About Their Incredible Friendship With Dwyane Wade
- Updated: February 17, 2019
Amongst those in attendance were two of Wade’s closest friends, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul. Both Paul and Anthony shared some words about what it’s meant to be in the league alongside the Heat legend.
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) February 18, 2019
“We grew over the years,” Anthony began. “I know people joke about the banana boat, but we’re more than a banana boat. This is a true friendship. We came in this league together. Now look at you. You trading jerseys and s—. But it’s all love because at the end of the day. It’s bigger than basketball.”
Then it was Paul’s turn to speak.
“You have some guys that are teammates. You spend nine, 10 months together and what not, but at the end of the day they’re just teammates,” Paul said. “But us? This don’t go nowhere. And I still can’t imagine now, you not being in this league next year. I think at the end of the year he’s going to change his mind and we’re going to do this all over again next year.”
It’s truly special what the NBA has done for Wade during All-Star Weekend. While he wasn’t originally a part of the roster, league commissioner Adam Silver added him as a special addition to honor his career.
Moments like these prove that Silver and the NBA knew exactly what they were doing when they decided to make Wade a part of this year’s All-Star Weekend.