- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Report: Zaire Wade Receives 2 Official Offers From Division I Schools
- Updated: May 8, 2019
The University of Rhode Island recently offered Zaire Wade a scholarship. Additionally, DePaul University has extended an offer to the high school point guard.
The younger Wade took to Instagram to ask his followers for help making his decision.
Obviously, DePaul might be more attractive due to Dwyane Wade’s roots in Chicago. Perhaps that will sway the 17-year-old point guard’s decision.
However, DePaul hasn’t had much success in recent years. In fact, the last time the Blue Demons made the NCAA Tournament was in 2004. By contrast, Rhode Island made NCAA Tournament appearances as recently as 2017 and 2018.
In addition to DePaul and Rhode Island, Zaire has received an offer from the University of Nebraska. However, the Cornhuskers recently fired head coach Tim Miles and subsequently hired Fred Hoiberg.
Zaire’s Instagram post insinuates that Nebraska may not be among his options after the coaching change. Regardless, the younger Wade will be playing D1 basketball somewhere in 2020.