- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Report: Zaire Wade Receives 2 Official Offers From Division I Schools
- Updated: May 8, 2019
The University of Rhode Island recently offered Zaire Wade a scholarship. Additionally, DePaul University has extended an offer to the high school point guard.
The younger Wade took to Instagram to ask his followers for help making his decision.
Obviously, DePaul might be more attractive due to Dwyane Wade’s roots in Chicago. Perhaps that will sway the 17-year-old point guard’s decision.
However, DePaul hasn’t had much success in recent years. In fact, the last time the Blue Demons made the NCAA Tournament was in 2004. By contrast, Rhode Island made NCAA Tournament appearances as recently as 2017 and 2018.
In addition to DePaul and Rhode Island, Zaire has received an offer from the University of Nebraska. However, the Cornhuskers recently fired head coach Tim Miles and subsequently hired Fred Hoiberg.
Zaire’s Instagram post insinuates that Nebraska may not be among his options after the coaching change. Regardless, the younger Wade will be playing D1 basketball somewhere in 2020.