- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
Report: Zaire Wade Receives 2 Official Offers From Division I Schools
- Updated: May 8, 2019
The University of Rhode Island recently offered Zaire Wade a scholarship. Additionally, DePaul University has extended an offer to the high school point guard.
The younger Wade took to Instagram to ask his followers for help making his decision.
Obviously, DePaul might be more attractive due to Dwyane Wade’s roots in Chicago. Perhaps that will sway the 17-year-old point guard’s decision.
However, DePaul hasn’t had much success in recent years. In fact, the last time the Blue Demons made the NCAA Tournament was in 2004. By contrast, Rhode Island made NCAA Tournament appearances as recently as 2017 and 2018.
In addition to DePaul and Rhode Island, Zaire has received an offer from the University of Nebraska. However, the Cornhuskers recently fired head coach Tim Miles and subsequently hired Fred Hoiberg.
Zaire’s Instagram post insinuates that Nebraska may not be among his options after the coaching change. Regardless, the younger Wade will be playing D1 basketball somewhere in 2020.