- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Report: Erik Spoelstra to Miss Game vs. Boston Celtics Due to Family Emergency
- Updated: December 4, 2019
Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra will reportedly miss Wednesday’s game against the Boston Celtics for the birth of his second son. Heat assistant coach Dan Craig will be the head coach for the Heat against the Celtics.
Erik Spoelstra not with Heat tonight. He has returned to Miami for the birth of his second son. Dan Craig will coach.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 4, 2019
In March of 2018, Spoelstra missed a game against the Indiana Pacers to attend the birth of his first son. Craig was also the head coach for the Heat in that game. The Heat wound up losing that game in overtime by a score of 113-107.
Spoelstra has been the Heat’s head coach since the 2008-09 season, compiling a 538-368 record with two NBA championships and four NBA Finals appearances. He’s the franchise leader in regular season wins (538) and playoff wins (71).
Craig has experience as a head coach, having led the Heat’s Summer League team from 2013 to 2015 and the Heat’s G League team, the Sioux Falls Skyforce, in 2015-16, when they won a championship.