- Dwyane Wade explains why Miami Heat rookie Tyler Herro has that ‘it’ factor
- Udonis Haslem unveils fascinating story, credits Jae Crowder’s father for his NBA career
- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic to Play in Miami’s Christmas Day Matchup
- Updated: December 24, 2015
That information comes from a tweet by Palm Beach Post beat writer Jason Lieser.
Goran Dragic says his wrist is sprained, but doing ok. Says he plans to play tomorrow.
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) December 24, 2015
Dragic was unable to play in Tuesday night’s home loss to the Detroit Pistons because of the injury. On Tuesday, Lieser reported that Dragic had indicated that the injury took place sometime during the team’s victory over the Portland Trail Blazers last Sunday.
Swelling developed Monday night, but an X-ray and MRI indicated that no break took place. However, at first, the Heat training staff considered the injury to be similar to tendinitis.
That health issue compounded Dragic’s recent problems, which also included a sprained right thumb that was particularly painful when he had the ball passed to him. In addition to those injuries, Dragic also had a tooth knocked out during the Miami win at Brooklyn on December 17.
In 26 games this season, Dragic is averaging 11.3 points and 5.3 assists per game, with the points average decidedly down from his previous three seasons.