- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic to Play in Miami’s Christmas Day Matchup
- Updated: December 24, 2015
That information comes from a tweet by Palm Beach Post beat writer Jason Lieser.
Goran Dragic says his wrist is sprained, but doing ok. Says he plans to play tomorrow.
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) December 24, 2015
Dragic was unable to play in Tuesday night’s home loss to the Detroit Pistons because of the injury. On Tuesday, Lieser reported that Dragic had indicated that the injury took place sometime during the team’s victory over the Portland Trail Blazers last Sunday.
Swelling developed Monday night, but an X-ray and MRI indicated that no break took place. However, at first, the Heat training staff considered the injury to be similar to tendinitis.
That health issue compounded Dragic’s recent problems, which also included a sprained right thumb that was particularly painful when he had the ball passed to him. In addition to those injuries, Dragic also had a tooth knocked out during the Miami win at Brooklyn on December 17.
In 26 games this season, Dragic is averaging 11.3 points and 5.3 assists per game, with the points average decidedly down from his previous three seasons.