- Video: Joel Embiid Receives Chorus of Boos After Being Introduced in Philadelphia
- D’Angelo Russell Fires Back at NBA Reporter After He Criticizes Timberwolves on National TV
- Andre Iguodala Explains Why Jimmy Butler Fits With Miami Heat and Not Other Teams
- Tyler Herro Dejectedly Responds to Not Being Able to Play in NBA Rising Stars Game
- Steve Kerr Confidently Compares Andre Iguodala to Scottie Pippen
- Jimmy Butler Seemingly Recruits 76ers’ Joel Embiid to Heat via Social Media
- Watch Andre Iguodala Wreak Havoc on Defense in Miami Heat Debut
- Report: Kendrick Nunn and Kelly Olynyk Were Potential Pieces of Danilo Gallinari Trade
- Draymond Green Says He’s Going to Flagrant Foul Andre Iguodala in Reunion Matchup
- Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo Selected as Finalists for Team USA
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic to Play in Miami’s Christmas Day Matchup
- Updated: December 24, 2015
That information comes from a tweet by Palm Beach Post beat writer Jason Lieser.
Goran Dragic says his wrist is sprained, but doing ok. Says he plans to play tomorrow.
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) December 24, 2015
Dragic was unable to play in Tuesday night’s home loss to the Detroit Pistons because of the injury. On Tuesday, Lieser reported that Dragic had indicated that the injury took place sometime during the team’s victory over the Portland Trail Blazers last Sunday.
Swelling developed Monday night, but an X-ray and MRI indicated that no break took place. However, at first, the Heat training staff considered the injury to be similar to tendinitis.
That health issue compounded Dragic’s recent problems, which also included a sprained right thumb that was particularly painful when he had the ball passed to him. In addition to those injuries, Dragic also had a tooth knocked out during the Miami win at Brooklyn on December 17.
In 26 games this season, Dragic is averaging 11.3 points and 5.3 assists per game, with the points average decidedly down from his previous three seasons.