- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic to Play in Miami’s Christmas Day Matchup
- Updated: December 24, 2015
That information comes from a tweet by Palm Beach Post beat writer Jason Lieser.
Goran Dragic says his wrist is sprained, but doing ok. Says he plans to play tomorrow.
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) December 24, 2015
Dragic was unable to play in Tuesday night’s home loss to the Detroit Pistons because of the injury. On Tuesday, Lieser reported that Dragic had indicated that the injury took place sometime during the team’s victory over the Portland Trail Blazers last Sunday.
Swelling developed Monday night, but an X-ray and MRI indicated that no break took place. However, at first, the Heat training staff considered the injury to be similar to tendinitis.
That health issue compounded Dragic’s recent problems, which also included a sprained right thumb that was particularly painful when he had the ball passed to him. In addition to those injuries, Dragic also had a tooth knocked out during the Miami win at Brooklyn on December 17.
In 26 games this season, Dragic is averaging 11.3 points and 5.3 assists per game, with the points average decidedly down from his previous three seasons.