- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat aren’t intimidated by any team: ‘I like our chances against anybody’
- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Goran Dragic explains what Miami Heat backcourt must do now with Victor Oladipo out for season
- Miami Heat news: Victor Oladipo to have season-ending surgery
Miami Heat News: Goran Dragic to Play in Miami’s Christmas Day Matchup
- Updated: December 24, 2015
That information comes from a tweet by Palm Beach Post beat writer Jason Lieser.
Goran Dragic says his wrist is sprained, but doing ok. Says he plans to play tomorrow.
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) December 24, 2015
Dragic was unable to play in Tuesday night’s home loss to the Detroit Pistons because of the injury. On Tuesday, Lieser reported that Dragic had indicated that the injury took place sometime during the team’s victory over the Portland Trail Blazers last Sunday.
Swelling developed Monday night, but an X-ray and MRI indicated that no break took place. However, at first, the Heat training staff considered the injury to be similar to tendinitis.
That health issue compounded Dragic’s recent problems, which also included a sprained right thumb that was particularly painful when he had the ball passed to him. In addition to those injuries, Dragic also had a tooth knocked out during the Miami win at Brooklyn on December 17.
In 26 games this season, Dragic is averaging 11.3 points and 5.3 assists per game, with the points average decidedly down from his previous three seasons.