- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Report: Former Miami Heat Point Guard to Join BIG3 Basketball League
- Updated: March 15, 2019
— BIG3 (@thebig3) March 14, 2019
Chalmers spent parts of eight seasons with the Heat and had a memorable run with the franchise.
Miami drafted the University of Kansas standout in the second round of the 2008 NBA Draft. Chalmers played for the Heat until they traded him to the Memphis Grizzlies early in the 2015-16 season.
In 525 games with the Heat, Chalmers averaged 8.8 points, 2.4 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.5 steals per game. He shot 36.0 percent from beyond the arc and was a crucial member of 2012 and 2013 championship teams.
Chalmers played 66 games for the Grizzlies in 2017-18, but has not played in the NBA since. Since leaving the NBA, he has been playing for Virtus Bologna in the Italian Lega Basket Serie A league.
The BIG3 is a professional 3-on-3 league. It was formed in part by rapper and actor Ice Cube, and will begin its third season this summer.
Many former NBA players have competed in the league, including Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, Mike Bibby and Nate Robinson. Chalmers will get a chance to compete against many players that he faced off against during his NBA days.