- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
Report: Derrick Jones Jr. and Kendrick Nunn Receive Guaranteed Contracts From Miami Heat
- Updated: August 1, 2019
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, both players have received the guaranteed contracts they were eligible for.
“With Thursday a deadline for conditional guarantees for both, all it took was the stroke of midnight for the two to cash in.
“Only a preemptive move by the Heat would have denied the guarantees, with a source close to the situation stressing there were ‘no plans’ except to move forward.”
For Jones, this is the first time in his young NBA career that he has had a contract fully guaranteed for an entire season. He is now set to earn $1.6 million on the year before becoming a free agent next summer.
As for Nunn, his guarantee jumps to $150,000 from the $50,000 he was previously owed. That amount will take an even more substantial jump to $450,000 if he is on the opening-night roster.
It is certainly a moment of celebration for both players as their NBA dreams are continuing with a team that has big plans for the 2019-20 campaign.