- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: Derrick Jones Jr. and Kendrick Nunn Receive Guaranteed Contracts From Miami Heat
- Updated: August 1, 2019
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, both players have received the guaranteed contracts they were eligible for.
“With Thursday a deadline for conditional guarantees for both, all it took was the stroke of midnight for the two to cash in.
“Only a preemptive move by the Heat would have denied the guarantees, with a source close to the situation stressing there were ‘no plans’ except to move forward.”
For Jones, this is the first time in his young NBA career that he has had a contract fully guaranteed for an entire season. He is now set to earn $1.6 million on the year before becoming a free agent next summer.
As for Nunn, his guarantee jumps to $150,000 from the $50,000 he was previously owed. That amount will take an even more substantial jump to $450,000 if he is on the opening-night roster.
It is certainly a moment of celebration for both players as their NBA dreams are continuing with a team that has big plans for the 2019-20 campaign.