- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Report: Derrick Jones Jr. and Kendrick Nunn Receive Guaranteed Contracts From Miami Heat
- Updated: August 1, 2019
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, both players have received the guaranteed contracts they were eligible for.
“With Thursday a deadline for conditional guarantees for both, all it took was the stroke of midnight for the two to cash in.
“Only a preemptive move by the Heat would have denied the guarantees, with a source close to the situation stressing there were ‘no plans’ except to move forward.”
For Jones, this is the first time in his young NBA career that he has had a contract fully guaranteed for an entire season. He is now set to earn $1.6 million on the year before becoming a free agent next summer.
As for Nunn, his guarantee jumps to $150,000 from the $50,000 he was previously owed. That amount will take an even more substantial jump to $450,000 if he is on the opening-night roster.
It is certainly a moment of celebration for both players as their NBA dreams are continuing with a team that has big plans for the 2019-20 campaign.