- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Report: Derrick Jones Jr. and Kendrick Nunn Receive Guaranteed Contracts From Miami Heat
- Updated: August 1, 2019
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, both players have received the guaranteed contracts they were eligible for.
“With Thursday a deadline for conditional guarantees for both, all it took was the stroke of midnight for the two to cash in.
“Only a preemptive move by the Heat would have denied the guarantees, with a source close to the situation stressing there were ‘no plans’ except to move forward.”
For Jones, this is the first time in his young NBA career that he has had a contract fully guaranteed for an entire season. He is now set to earn $1.6 million on the year before becoming a free agent next summer.
As for Nunn, his guarantee jumps to $150,000 from the $50,000 he was previously owed. That amount will take an even more substantial jump to $450,000 if he is on the opening-night roster.
It is certainly a moment of celebration for both players as their NBA dreams are continuing with a team that has big plans for the 2019-20 campaign.