- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Report: Derrick Jones Jr. and Kendrick Nunn Receive Guaranteed Contracts From Miami Heat
- Updated: August 1, 2019
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, both players have received the guaranteed contracts they were eligible for.
“With Thursday a deadline for conditional guarantees for both, all it took was the stroke of midnight for the two to cash in.
“Only a preemptive move by the Heat would have denied the guarantees, with a source close to the situation stressing there were ‘no plans’ except to move forward.”
For Jones, this is the first time in his young NBA career that he has had a contract fully guaranteed for an entire season. He is now set to earn $1.6 million on the year before becoming a free agent next summer.
As for Nunn, his guarantee jumps to $150,000 from the $50,000 he was previously owed. That amount will take an even more substantial jump to $450,000 if he is on the opening-night roster.
It is certainly a moment of celebration for both players as their NBA dreams are continuing with a team that has big plans for the 2019-20 campaign.