- Report: Miami Heat Announce Dwyane Wade’s 3 Day Retirement Ceremony Plans
- Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow, Jimmy Butler Set to Return Wednesday vs. Indiana Pacers
- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Looking to Trade Dion Waiters
- Updated: July 12, 2018
Waiters still has three years and approximately $36 million left on his current contract. He is also still recovering from a left ankle injury that was initially projected to keep him out for eight to 10 months. While he averaged 14.3 points, 3.8 assists, and 2.6 rebounds in the 30 games he did play last season, he will likely find himself competing for minutes in Miami’s crowded backcourt in the 2018-19 season.
With the Heat hoping to bring back players like Wayne Ellington, Dwyane Wade, and Udonis Haslem, as well as possibly signing Carmelo Anthony if he should become available, it looks like Waiters could become the odd man out. That is, if they can find someone willing to trade for him.
“So far, Miami hasn’t found a suitable trade market for Waiters, as opposing teams are unsure how he’s going to produce after coming off ankle surgery,” Ashish Mathur of Amico Hoops wrote.
This offseason was predicted to be fairly quiet for Miami. However, it now seems as though things could starting heating up rather quickly.