- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Looking to Trade Dion Waiters
- Updated: July 12, 2018
Waiters still has three years and approximately $36 million left on his current contract. He is also still recovering from a left ankle injury that was initially projected to keep him out for eight to 10 months. While he averaged 14.3 points, 3.8 assists, and 2.6 rebounds in the 30 games he did play last season, he will likely find himself competing for minutes in Miami’s crowded backcourt in the 2018-19 season.
With the Heat hoping to bring back players like Wayne Ellington, Dwyane Wade, and Udonis Haslem, as well as possibly signing Carmelo Anthony if he should become available, it looks like Waiters could become the odd man out. That is, if they can find someone willing to trade for him.
“So far, Miami hasn’t found a suitable trade market for Waiters, as opposing teams are unsure how he’s going to produce after coming off ankle surgery,” Ashish Mathur of Amico Hoops wrote.
This offseason was predicted to be fairly quiet for Miami. However, it now seems as though things could starting heating up rather quickly.