- Video: Tyler Herro Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Signing Dynamic Wing to Exhibit 10 Contract
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Looking to Trade Dion Waiters
- Updated: July 12, 2018
Waiters still has three years and approximately $36 million left on his current contract. He is also still recovering from a left ankle injury that was initially projected to keep him out for eight to 10 months. While he averaged 14.3 points, 3.8 assists, and 2.6 rebounds in the 30 games he did play last season, he will likely find himself competing for minutes in Miami’s crowded backcourt in the 2018-19 season.
With the Heat hoping to bring back players like Wayne Ellington, Dwyane Wade, and Udonis Haslem, as well as possibly signing Carmelo Anthony if he should become available, it looks like Waiters could become the odd man out. That is, if they can find someone willing to trade for him.
“So far, Miami hasn’t found a suitable trade market for Waiters, as opposing teams are unsure how he’s going to produce after coming off ankle surgery,” Ashish Mathur of Amico Hoops wrote.
This offseason was predicted to be fairly quiet for Miami. However, it now seems as though things could starting heating up rather quickly.