- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Looking to Trade Dion Waiters
- Updated: July 12, 2018
Waiters still has three years and approximately $36 million left on his current contract. He is also still recovering from a left ankle injury that was initially projected to keep him out for eight to 10 months. While he averaged 14.3 points, 3.8 assists, and 2.6 rebounds in the 30 games he did play last season, he will likely find himself competing for minutes in Miami’s crowded backcourt in the 2018-19 season.
With the Heat hoping to bring back players like Wayne Ellington, Dwyane Wade, and Udonis Haslem, as well as possibly signing Carmelo Anthony if he should become available, it looks like Waiters could become the odd man out. That is, if they can find someone willing to trade for him.
“So far, Miami hasn’t found a suitable trade market for Waiters, as opposing teams are unsure how he’s going to produce after coming off ankle surgery,” Ashish Mathur of Amico Hoops wrote.
This offseason was predicted to be fairly quiet for Miami. However, it now seems as though things could starting heating up rather quickly.