- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Looking to Trade Dion Waiters
- Updated: July 12, 2018
Waiters still has three years and approximately $36 million left on his current contract. He is also still recovering from a left ankle injury that was initially projected to keep him out for eight to 10 months. While he averaged 14.3 points, 3.8 assists, and 2.6 rebounds in the 30 games he did play last season, he will likely find himself competing for minutes in Miami’s crowded backcourt in the 2018-19 season.
With the Heat hoping to bring back players like Wayne Ellington, Dwyane Wade, and Udonis Haslem, as well as possibly signing Carmelo Anthony if he should become available, it looks like Waiters could become the odd man out. That is, if they can find someone willing to trade for him.
“So far, Miami hasn’t found a suitable trade market for Waiters, as opposing teams are unsure how he’s going to produce after coming off ankle surgery,” Ashish Mathur of Amico Hoops wrote.
This offseason was predicted to be fairly quiet for Miami. However, it now seems as though things could starting heating up rather quickly.