- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: LaMarcus Aldridge expected to be starting center for Miami Heat or Los Angeles Lakers
- Updated: March 24, 2021
The two teams that advanced to the NBA Finals last season are believed to be the frontrunners to land San Antonio Spurs big man LaMarcus Aldridge.
In fact, a recent report indicates that the belief is that Aldridge will soon become the starting center for either the Miami Heat or Los Angeles Lakers.
League source says that after likely being bought out, "I'm hearing Drummond is going to land in Los Angeles (Lakers) and Aldridge will be the starting center for either Miami, the Lakers. Brooklyn's in the hunt for both.
— Brad Townsend (@townbrad) March 24, 2021
So far this season, Aldridge, 35, is averaging 13.7 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game. Those numbers mark major reductions compared to last season. However, he is playing significantly less this season.
With the hours prior to the trade deadline winding down, it will be fascinating to see how the market for Aldridge heats up. Even if a trade does not materialize, a contract buyout seems likely.
Whatever happens, it seems clear that his time with the Spurs is about to end.