- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Report: Miami Heat and Toronto Raptors ‘Frontrunners’ in Giannis Antetokounmpo Sweepstakes
- Updated: September 3, 2020
According to Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports, there are many within the NBA’s bubble who see Miami as one of the most likely destinations for Antetokounmpo should he decide to part ways with the Milwaukee Bucks.
The other likely destination is believed to be the defending champion Toronto Raptors.
“It’s no wonder many in league circles believe Miami and Toronto are the frontrunners in the Antetokounmpo sweepstakes, with one observer telling Yahoo Sports ‘it’s an open secret’ within the Orlando bubble,” Goodwill wrote.
“Miami looks like the perfect mistress with their culture, the ability to morph into different identities at a moment’s notice but yet still feel like a team playing within itself.”
Well before the NBA season resumed within the bubble, rumors and reports indicated that the Heat were heavily targeting the Greek national.
It looks like everything is going according to plan for Heat president Pat Riley so far. With Miami up 2-0 in the best-of-seven series over the Antetokounmpo’s Bucks, the superstar is likely starting to weigh his options.
As for the Raptors, they’re currently down 0-2 in their series against the Boston Celtics.
Antetokounmpo is set to become a free agent in the 2021 offseason.