- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat and Toronto Raptors ‘Frontrunners’ in Giannis Antetokounmpo Sweepstakes
- Updated: September 3, 2020
According to Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports, there are many within the NBA’s bubble who see Miami as one of the most likely destinations for Antetokounmpo should he decide to part ways with the Milwaukee Bucks.
The other likely destination is believed to be the defending champion Toronto Raptors.
“It’s no wonder many in league circles believe Miami and Toronto are the frontrunners in the Antetokounmpo sweepstakes, with one observer telling Yahoo Sports ‘it’s an open secret’ within the Orlando bubble,” Goodwill wrote.
“Miami looks like the perfect mistress with their culture, the ability to morph into different identities at a moment’s notice but yet still feel like a team playing within itself.”
Well before the NBA season resumed within the bubble, rumors and reports indicated that the Heat were heavily targeting the Greek national.
It looks like everything is going according to plan for Heat president Pat Riley so far. With Miami up 2-0 in the best-of-seven series over the Antetokounmpo’s Bucks, the superstar is likely starting to weigh his options.
As for the Raptors, they’re currently down 0-2 in their series against the Boston Celtics.
Antetokounmpo is set to become a free agent in the 2021 offseason.