- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
Udonis Haslem Still Campaigning for Dwyane Wade to Finish Career With Heat
- Updated: September 2, 2017
On Saturday, Haslem reiterated his desire to see Wade back in Miami, a city where the All-Star shooting guard spent the first 13 years of his career.
“I would love to have him back, everybody knows that,” Haslem said. “Not only is he a great competitor, great teammate I learned a lot from but also a friend of mine, I consider him a brother.
“I just want Dwyane to be happy. This is the last lap for us both. We deserve to finish it the right way. Whatever makes him happy finishing his career. … hopefully it’s in Miami. I would love for it to be Miami. I want him to finish it right and have no regrets.”
Wade exercised the option in his contract this summer for $23.8 million, but many are speculating that the 35-year-old will be bought out by the Chicago Bulls, allowing him to sign with whichever team he chooses.
The Heat currently have a $4.3 million exception and president Pat Riley has stated that the team is reserving it just in case “something pops up.”
“We talked about finishing our careers together,” Haslem said about Wade. “We really want it to be the case. Plans change. So if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t put any strain on our relationship but it’s still a goal of mine. Hopefully we can end it that way.”
If Wade is indeed to be bought out, there are two teams that are rumored to be on his radar: Miami and Cleveland.