- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: There Is ‘Internal Belief’ Miami Heat Can Get John Wall Back to All-Star Form
- Updated: August 7, 2019
Luckily for the Heat, some within the organization reportedly believe that they can get Wall back to his previous All-Star form.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald detailed the positive sentiment within the Miami organization:
“As we reported in early July, that scenario has been seriously discussed inside the Heat and there’s sentiment to do that, because of how much the Heat loves Beal and because of the internal belief that Miami can get Wall back to All-Star level following his ruptured Achilles, which is expected to sideline him this upcoming season.”
On his career, Wall has averaged 20.7 points, 8.7 assists, and 3.6 rebounds per game. At one time, he would have certainly been considered worthy of a blockbuster trade. Unfortunately, his career has taken a tumble as a result of several injuries culminating in an Achilles rupture back in early 2019.
While he is not expected to play at all in the 2019-20 season, Wall is still only 28 years old.
As for Beal, he is considered to be one of the league’s premier shooters.
If the Heat are somehow able to acquire both players, they would almost certainly enter the 2020-21 season as one of the NBA’s true title contenders.