- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Dwyane Wade Says Only Time He Didn’t Receive Love in His Career Was 1st Season of Big 3 Era
- Updated: April 1, 2019
“For the most part, besides the first year of the Big Three era, I’ve always got a good reception,” Wade said. “This is on another level. This is off the charts. You don’t know what to expect. When I asked my fans to join me for one last dance, you don’t know really what to expect. I knew it would be a cool experience, but I didn’t know it would be this.
Wade, 37, is in the final season of his prolific career. Although he isn’t putting up MVP numbers like he was back in his prime, the All-Star is still putting on a show wherever he goes. The guard is captivating audiences with thrilling dunks, buzzer beaters, and dicey defensive plays.
On the season, Wade is averaging a modest 14.4 points, 4.0 assists, and 3.8 rebounds per game.
The one year Wade wasn’t so well received was when LeBron James and Chris Bosh first came to Miami in 2010. The trio was hated around the league for forming a superteam and showboating during their arrival in Miami.
While the Heat didn’t win a ring in that first season, they went on to secure back-to-back championships in 2012 and 2013.
The Heat take on the Boston Celtics Tuesday night in Miami.