- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
Udonis Haslem Says He Seriously Considered Signing With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: October 3, 2017
Udonis Haslem is as beloved a figure in Miami sports as there is. Since signing with the Miami Heat as an undrafted rookie in 2003, Haslem has enjoyed 14 seasons in Miami. According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, however, that all could have come to an end this offseason.
On Tuesday, Jackson reported that he had asked Haslem if he had thought about joining the Cleveland Cavaliers this offseason.
“Yeah,” he said. “I got an interesting call from Cleveland. My son is out there [as a student and football player] at the University of Toledo in Ohio. It was something to consider.”
Haslem also alluded that his agent Leon Rose had spoken to Cavs management.
“There might have been some conversations there,” Haslem said.
Eventually though, Haslem decided that Miami was the only place he could see himself playing.
“I can’t imagine being anywhere else,” Haslem said. “I’m all heart and going somewhere else, my heart just wouldn’t be in it. I just wouldn’t see the same player regardless of the opportunity to play and the minutes.”
“This is the best place for me. I really want these guys to get this trophy. These guys work hard, they deserve it. I would love to see them have a chance to raise that trophy at the end of the season.”
“It would have been funny [with Wade there] but I don’t regret the decision I made,” Haslem said. “I’m where I’m supposed to be, I’m where I need to be. I’m where I’m most effective, even though it’s not on the basketball court, I would like to think I impact this organization, this team just by bringing my presence and everything else.”
Seeing Haslem playing anywhere other than Miami would have been downright painful for the Miami faithful. Luckily, it looks like even the prospect of joining forces with Wade and LeBron James couldn’t convince the all-time Heat legend to leave the team and city that he loves.