- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Miami Heat News: Udonis Haslem Wins 2017 Teammate of the Year Award
- Updated: August 18, 2017
In spite of all the moving players, new rosters and drama over the past few years, one player has been remained faithful to the Miami Heat organization. That same player picked up a tremendous honor Friday afternoon.
South Florida sports icon Udonis Haslem was voted the Heat’s Teammate of the Year on Friday in the National Basketball Players Association’s Players Voice Awards.
— NBPA (@TheNBPA) August 18, 2017
Although the battle-scarred power forward has seen his stats diminish in the past few seasons, the 36-year-old has been a tremendous mentor to the team’s younger players. The 14-year veteran, who’s spent his whole career in Miami, has earned loads of praise for his leadership from his teammates and coaching staff.
From former teammates like Chris Bosh, who called Haslem one of his best teammates to current star Hassan Whiteside, who Haslem has intentionally uplifted, the franchise’s all-time leading rebounder has had a phenomenal impact on the mental preservation and direction of the team.