- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s ‘Big Face Coffee’
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
- Report: Boston Celtics Upgrade Gordon Hayward’s Status Ahead of Game 3 vs. Miami Heat
- The Insane Amount of Money Miami Heat Reward Erik Spoelstra After Every Single Win
- Report: Celtics Had to Separate Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown Before ‘Physical Altercation’ Could Occur
- Report: Jimmy Butler Showed Incredible Bond With Miami Heat Teammates With Selfless Birthday Act
- Jimmy Butler on Sacrificing for His Family: ‘I’m Going to Bring Them a Championship’
- What Erik Spoelstra Said to Bam Adebayo to Get Him Going Defensively in 2nd Half
- Report: Celtics Imploding in Locker Room as Players Cuss Each Other Out and Throw Things
Miami Heat News: Udonis Haslem Wins 2017 Teammate of the Year Award
- Updated: August 18, 2017
In spite of all the moving players, new rosters and drama over the past few years, one player has been remained faithful to the Miami Heat organization. That same player picked up a tremendous honor Friday afternoon.
South Florida sports icon Udonis Haslem was voted the Heat’s Teammate of the Year on Friday in the National Basketball Players Association’s Players Voice Awards.
— NBPA (@TheNBPA) August 18, 2017
Although the battle-scarred power forward has seen his stats diminish in the past few seasons, the 36-year-old has been a tremendous mentor to the team’s younger players. The 14-year veteran, who’s spent his whole career in Miami, has earned loads of praise for his leadership from his teammates and coaching staff.
From former teammates like Chris Bosh, who called Haslem one of his best teammates to current star Hassan Whiteside, who Haslem has intentionally uplifted, the franchise’s all-time leading rebounder has had a phenomenal impact on the mental preservation and direction of the team.