- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
- Report: Miami Heat list Jimmy Butler as questionable for game vs. Atlanta Hawks due to new injury
- Report: Houston Rockets could trade Victor Oladipo based on belief that he’ll join Miami Heat in offseason
- Donovan Mitchell compares Jimmy Butler to James Harden in crucial aspect of game: ‘He is an artist’
Miami Heat News: Udonis Haslem Wins 2017 Teammate of the Year Award
- Updated: August 18, 2017
In spite of all the moving players, new rosters and drama over the past few years, one player has been remained faithful to the Miami Heat organization. That same player picked up a tremendous honor Friday afternoon.
South Florida sports icon Udonis Haslem was voted the Heat’s Teammate of the Year on Friday in the National Basketball Players Association’s Players Voice Awards.
— NBPA (@TheNBPA) August 18, 2017
Although the battle-scarred power forward has seen his stats diminish in the past few seasons, the 36-year-old has been a tremendous mentor to the team’s younger players. The 14-year veteran, who’s spent his whole career in Miami, has earned loads of praise for his leadership from his teammates and coaching staff.
From former teammates like Chris Bosh, who called Haslem one of his best teammates to current star Hassan Whiteside, who Haslem has intentionally uplifted, the franchise’s all-time leading rebounder has had a phenomenal impact on the mental preservation and direction of the team.