- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
- Report: Miami Heat expected to give Bam Adebayo close to $200 million contract extension
- Report: Bam Adebayo purposely walked by Lakers’ victory party on night Miami Heat lost NBA Finals
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s agent to meet with Miami Heat to discuss max extension
- Meyers Leonard’s NSFW response when asked how much he cares about stats
- Report: Miami Heat sign intriguing 6-foot-8 international prospect
- Goran Dragic offers major update on foot injury he sustained in 2020 NBA Finals
Miami Heat News: Udonis Haslem Wins 2017 Teammate of the Year Award
- Updated: August 18, 2017
In spite of all the moving players, new rosters and drama over the past few years, one player has been remained faithful to the Miami Heat organization. That same player picked up a tremendous honor Friday afternoon.
South Florida sports icon Udonis Haslem was voted the Heat’s Teammate of the Year on Friday in the National Basketball Players Association’s Players Voice Awards.
— NBPA (@TheNBPA) August 18, 2017
Although the battle-scarred power forward has seen his stats diminish in the past few seasons, the 36-year-old has been a tremendous mentor to the team’s younger players. The 14-year veteran, who’s spent his whole career in Miami, has earned loads of praise for his leadership from his teammates and coaching staff.
From former teammates like Chris Bosh, who called Haslem one of his best teammates to current star Hassan Whiteside, who Haslem has intentionally uplifted, the franchise’s all-time leading rebounder has had a phenomenal impact on the mental preservation and direction of the team.