- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Updated: September 30, 2020
After the game, Butler provided a positive update on the injury.
Jimmy Butler on his ankle: "A little bit sore," but he insists, "I'm going to be fine."
— Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) October 1, 2020
With this message, it seems as if Butler will undoubtedly be playing in Game 2 of the series.
In Wednesday’s game, the 31-year-old was by far the Heat’s best player. In 33 minutes of action, Butler recorded 23 points, two rebounds, five assists and two steals.
He was one of four Heat players to score in double figures on the night. Butler also made eight of his 13 field goals and also made two of his four three-point attempts during the game.
Butler and the Heat will hope to bounce back strongly in Game 2 of the series, which is set to take place on Friday at 9 p.m. EST.