- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Updated: September 30, 2020
Game 1 of the NBA Finals did not go as planned for the Miami Heat.
Along with the Los Angeles Lakers playing at an elite level on Wednesday night leading to a blowout win, the Heat is now dealing with numerous injuries.
One of the more devastating blows for Miami in Game 1 was Bam Adebayo suffering a shoulder injury.
The injury was seemingly reaggravated from the Eastern Conference finals, and it resulted in the promising young player being sidelined for the rest of the game.
Fortunately, X-rays on Adebayo’s injury shoulder were negative.
Adebayo has been crucial to Miami’s success in the NBA bubble. Although Jimmy Butler gets a lot of credit for the team’s success as the current face of the franchise, Adebayo has been arguably Miami’s best all-around player in the postseason.
Along with a major injury concern with Adebayo moving forward, the Heat also lost Goran Dragic to a foot injury. Butler also came up limping during Game 1 after rolling his ankle during a drive the basket against Lakers star Anthony Davis.
Although it appears Adebayo’s injury may be something he can bounce back from, it will only make things tougher for this resilient team, especially if Dragic and Butler are also dealing with injuries that will limit their play moving forward.