- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Updated: September 30, 2020
Game 1 of the NBA Finals did not go as planned for the Miami Heat.
Along with the Los Angeles Lakers playing at an elite level on Wednesday night leading to a blowout win, the Heat is now dealing with numerous injuries.
One of the more devastating blows for Miami in Game 1 was Bam Adebayo suffering a shoulder injury.
The injury was seemingly reaggravated from the Eastern Conference finals, and it resulted in the promising young player being sidelined for the rest of the game.
Fortunately, X-rays on Adebayo’s injury shoulder were negative.
Adebayo has been crucial to Miami’s success in the NBA bubble. Although Jimmy Butler gets a lot of credit for the team’s success as the current face of the franchise, Adebayo has been arguably Miami’s best all-around player in the postseason.
Along with a major injury concern with Adebayo moving forward, the Heat also lost Goran Dragic to a foot injury. Butler also came up limping during Game 1 after rolling his ankle during a drive the basket against Lakers star Anthony Davis.
Although it appears Adebayo’s injury may be something he can bounce back from, it will only make things tougher for this resilient team, especially if Dragic and Butler are also dealing with injuries that will limit their play moving forward.