- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Updated: September 30, 2020
The Miami Heat’s first appearance in the NBA Finals in six years is off to a bad start.
Not only did they fall behind 65-48 at halftime, but All-Star Jimmy Butler appeared to suffer an injury late in the second quarter.
— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) October 1, 2020
Butler was seen limping around, but he was able to continue to play.
Butler had a monster first half with 16 points, four assists and two steals.
The Heat took an early double-digit lead, but the Los Angeles Lakers came roaring back and took control of the game in the second quarter.
A big reason for Miami’s deficit is that its offense, which was hot early, went into a prolonged drought in the second period.