- Meyers Leonard Doubles Down on Justice Stance, Shows Love to African-American Teammates
- An Emotional Udonis Haslem Addresses Community of Miami: ‘I’m Scared as Hell’
- Udonis Haslem Boasts About KZ Okpala’s Growth, Says He’s Put on Weight and Gotten Stronger
- Bam Adebayo Adamantly Advocates for Jayson Tatum to Receive Max Money From Celtics
- Report: Miami Heat Could Participate in Secret ‘Closed-Door Scrimmages’ Despite NBA Directive
- Tyler Herro Sends Blunt 4-Word Message With NBA Return on Horizon
- Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
- Ayehsa Curry Rips Donald Trump for Calling George Floyd Protesters ‘Thugs’
- Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo Worried About Licking, Sweating When NBA Returns
- Report: NBA Targeting July 31 for Resumption of 2019-20 Season
Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Bam Adebayo, Calls Him Max Player and Leader of Miami Heat
- Updated: March 10, 2020
While Butler is currently the only max-contract player between the two, the star forward is positive that his young teammate will soon join him.
“That’s what future max players do,” he said, per Michael Lee of The Athletic after the Heat beat the Washington Wizards on Sunday. “He’s definitely all of that and more. We’re glad to have him. Glad he’s the leader of this team.”
Adebayo dominated Sunday’s game and scored a team-high 27 points to go along with 14 rebounds, six assists and a block. It’s the kind of production fans have come to expect for the first-time All-Star.
With Adebayo clearly ascending to true NBA stardom, it now seems that Riley’s job of creating a team led by a core stars will be even easier.
Whether or not that helps the Heat attract Antetokounmpo to sign with Miami when he becomes a free agent in 2021 remains to be seen.