- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Bam Adebayo, Calls Him Max Player and Leader of Miami Heat
- Updated: March 10, 2020
While Butler is currently the only max-contract player between the two, the star forward is positive that his young teammate will soon join him.
“That’s what future max players do,” he said, per Michael Lee of The Athletic after the Heat beat the Washington Wizards on Sunday. “He’s definitely all of that and more. We’re glad to have him. Glad he’s the leader of this team.”
Adebayo dominated Sunday’s game and scored a team-high 27 points to go along with 14 rebounds, six assists and a block. It’s the kind of production fans have come to expect for the first-time All-Star.
With Adebayo clearly ascending to true NBA stardom, it now seems that Riley’s job of creating a team led by a core stars will be even easier.
Whether or not that helps the Heat attract Antetokounmpo to sign with Miami when he becomes a free agent in 2021 remains to be seen.