- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Bam Adebayo, Calls Him Max Player and Leader of Miami Heat
- Updated: March 10, 2020
While Butler is currently the only max-contract player between the two, the star forward is positive that his young teammate will soon join him.
“That’s what future max players do,” he said, per Michael Lee of The Athletic after the Heat beat the Washington Wizards on Sunday. “He’s definitely all of that and more. We’re glad to have him. Glad he’s the leader of this team.”
Adebayo dominated Sunday’s game and scored a team-high 27 points to go along with 14 rebounds, six assists and a block. It’s the kind of production fans have come to expect for the first-time All-Star.
With Adebayo clearly ascending to true NBA stardom, it now seems that Riley’s job of creating a team led by a core stars will be even easier.
Whether or not that helps the Heat attract Antetokounmpo to sign with Miami when he becomes a free agent in 2021 remains to be seen.