- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Bam Adebayo, Calls Him Max Player and Leader of Miami Heat
- Updated: March 10, 2020
While Butler is currently the only max-contract player between the two, the star forward is positive that his young teammate will soon join him.
“That’s what future max players do,” he said, per Michael Lee of The Athletic after the Heat beat the Washington Wizards on Sunday. “He’s definitely all of that and more. We’re glad to have him. Glad he’s the leader of this team.”
Adebayo dominated Sunday’s game and scored a team-high 27 points to go along with 14 rebounds, six assists and a block. It’s the kind of production fans have come to expect for the first-time All-Star.
With Adebayo clearly ascending to true NBA stardom, it now seems that Riley’s job of creating a team led by a core stars will be even easier.
Whether or not that helps the Heat attract Antetokounmpo to sign with Miami when he becomes a free agent in 2021 remains to be seen.