- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
- Report: Joe Johnson ‘intrigued’ by Miami Heat, likes Jimmy Butler’s role with team
- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
Jimmy Butler offers huge endorsement of Dewayne Dedmon following performance in Miami Heat win
- Updated: April 29, 2021
Dedmon finished with 18 points and nine rebounds in the game, and he earned some major praise from star Jimmy Butler following the win.
“He plays incredibly hard. He’s unselfish. He takes all the right shots,” Butler said. “We probably want him to shoot the ball a little bit more, especially on that pick-and-pop. But he’s a pro’s pro. He comes in. He stars in his role. And he’s not handed anything.
“I think he’s earned every trip up and down the floor and every minute that he’s been given.”
The win improved Miami to 33-30 on the season, and it now has the same record as the Boston Celtics as it tries to move into a better playoff position in the Eastern Conference.
Since joining the Heat, Dedmon has appeared in eight games and has played 13.4 minutes per game this season.
He is averaging 8.4 points and 5.9 rebounds while shooting an astounding 74.3 percent from the field.
His play has helped Miami fix its frontcourt issues, and Dedmon could play a big role in the postseason as he continues to impress Butler and company.