- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Jimmy Butler offers exact reason why he’s ‘hyped’ for Victor Oladipo’s Miami Heat debut
- Updated: April 1, 2021
“I’m hyped. I’m excited,” Butler said of playing alongside Oladipo. “Another piece that we acquired and he’s going to fit in right away and he’s going to help us win. He’s going to help us guard. Obviously, he’s going to put points on the board. I’m ready to get it rocking.”
Oladipo, 28, is set to make his Heat debut against the Golden State Warriors on Thursday.
The Heat acquired the two-time All-Star from the Houston Rockets just before the 2021 trade deadline. He’s averaging 20.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game this season.
Of course, the Heat expect the guard to help lift them into contention. Oladipo will round out a star-studded lineup next to Butler and Bam Adebayo.
Butler, 31, is in his second year in Miami. The journeyman has already become one of the most beloved players in franchise history.
On the season, Butler is collecting 21.4 points, 7.6 rebounds and 7.2 assists per contest. The Heat hold a 24-24 record.